New Earhart hunt

the article goes on to say "a University of Hawaii research vessel to try to find that plane in the deep waters off a flat reef on Nikumaroro"

Like I have surmised, it is a cover for a military related salvage or survey operation. Amelia Earhart is just a cover story. Charlatan describes Mrs. Clinton exactly. :D

Robert Ballard admitted that the search for the Titanic was actually to survey a pair of sunken Soviet submarines, the Titanic mission was just a "bonus" using spare time that was already paid for after the Navy mission was fulfilled.

The Glomar Explorer mission in the 70s was not to mine manganese nodules on the seafloor but actually to recover a Soviet Golf class submarine...

Why? They already found the plane, remains and belongings on the island of Nikamaro in 1940.

What's the point of a search now?

How do they explain the guy taking the picture not putting camera down and just LOOKING to see what that thing was?

There is zero evidence that whatever remains/junk were found on Gardner island have anything to do with Amelia E. Actually reading carefully State Depertment statement about the search they do not claim they believe in this theory either, but they are lending their hand to the search as a 'tribute' to Amelia and the upcoming 75-th anniversary. Also to believe that she ended up there is to believe that while desperately looking for Howland island and being in it's direct vicinity (and zigzagging for well over hour) and very much short on fuel she decided to fly another 3 hours to search yet another island. I think this theory amounts to nothing more than a poppycock.

Last edited:
There is zero evidence that whatever remains/junk were found on Gardner island have anything to do with Amelia E. Actually reading carefully State Depertment statement about the search they do not claim they believe in this theory either, but they are lending their hand to the search as a 'tribute' to Amelia and the upcoming 75-th anniversary. Also to believe that she ended up there is to believe that while desperately looking for Howland island and being in it's direct vicinity (and zigzagging for well over hour) and very much short on fuel she decided to fly another 3 hours to search yet another island. I think this theory amounts to nothing more than a poppycock.

What about the female skeleton matching her measurements, makeup bag, and radio pieces from the equipment she was using?

TIGHAR was sure they'd found the thing before and were completely wrong.
The last attempt to retrieve DNA found only succeeded in finding Gillespie's DNA on things.

I don't claim to be anything near an expert on the subject. The little bit I know about the Earhart story, is mostly through tid-bits of the Discovery Channel and other Documentaries. But I came away with the feeling that she wasn't such a great pilot, fair at best. Her exploits and fame were a persona created and promoted by her husband for monetary gain. For this flight, she was over her head and guided by an Alcoholic Navigator. Consequently, she ended up exactly where she was headed.:dunno:

Last edited:
What about the female skeleton matching her measurements, makeup bag, and radio pieces from the equipment she was using?

The place had some colonial past, the skeleton of a white woman would not be impossible to find, there is plenty of B-24-related parts around, other aircraft, to connect it all with this plane is a stretch. I go by this report written by the people who actually did all this archeological work, been there numerous times - do they claim they have a 'proof' - no they don't. If however someone wants to believe strongly in this theory - for sure there is just enough material around to fit ones beliefs.

Last edited:
How do they explain the guy taking the picture not putting camera down and just LOOKING to see what that thing was?
Probably didn't notice it, if he was concentrating on the main thing he was shooting.

Judging from the online version I've seen, I'm rather skeptical that post-processing was able to come up with an ID that specific.

Ron Wanttaja

I'll bet money she's still dead. Her navigator bolluxed the job, she missed her target, crashed, and died. Does it really matter precisely where?

Yes it does. I have a real interest in history, and prefer correct answers to the unknown...........if it's possible to gain the knowledge. I really am surprised about some of the "don't care" comments on this board.

L.Adamson

The place had some colonial past, the skeleton of a white woman would not be impossible to find, there is plenty of B-24-related parts around, other aircraft, to connect it all with this plane is a stretch. I go by this report written by the people who actually did all this archeological work, been there numerous times - do they claim they have a 'proof' - no they don't. If however someone wants to believe strongly in this theory - for sure there is just enough material around to fit ones beliefs.

So it's a coincedence that the equipment found matched hers, and they found pieces of an Electra? Along with all the female belongings?

Sorry but if this was a murder case, someone would be going to jail.

So it's a coincedence that the equipment found matched hers, and they found pieces of an Electra?
To my knowledge no definite piece of Electra was found (whatever was found would match many aircraft) also you over-interpret word "matching" since the only thing it means here that it could have belonged to someone like her. IMHO the word "matching" doesn't even belong here. If they found dentures and matched to her teeth that would be a real match. Anyway, clearly whatever they found is way too fuzzy, can "match" multiple scenarios and very few would even raise it to level of circumstantial material.
if this was a murder case, someone would be going to jail.
Poor compare.
In justice system first you have a 'suspect' (motive, opportunity, etc.) and then you bring on circumstantial evidence. Here is just the opposite, say you got circumstantial evidence but the most important thing - any plausible explanation how she ended up there is missing. In other words to use your analogy you are missing motive, opportunity, etc.

Last edited:
So it's a coincedence that the equipment found matched hers, and they found pieces of an Electra? Along with all the female belongings?

Sorry but if this was a murder case, someone would be going to jail.

Nothing connected to Earhart has been found. The shoe sole was the wrong size, the aircraft part was not from an Electra.

some of this doesn't make sense to me.

from a story today on cnn:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20/reports-new-search-planned-for-amelia-earhart/?hpt=hp_t2

the photo clearly shows an object sticking out of the water, and it is close to shore. Supposedly this photo was 3 months after the crash. BUT the article goes on to say "a University of Hawaii research vessel to try to find that plane in the deep waters off a flat reef on Nikumaroro"

Is it in the shallows as the photo depicts or is the wreckage in deep water? Are the researchers suggesting currents or other forces moved the wreckage from the site show in the photo to a deep location?

I watched a Discovery channel special the other day that said that the object is just at the edge of an underwater shelf that drops off to extreme depths just past where the object is. They think what ever it is was would have been washed off the edge of the shelf by waves and now lays in very deep water. In the last search, they used a robotic camera that found some metal objects at the edge of the shelf, but the remote submersible camera's GPS stopped functioning so they couldn't find it again before mission time ran out. They said they want to go back and research that area with a better robotic camera.

Back