New Door, all's good NA

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I don't know what caused it, something before I bought the truck years ago I'd assume, but the hinges on my door on my truck have been cracking for a while, and the door has not been aligning correctly for months, causing the metal around the latching point to crush inward until the door was no longer operational this week. I could only close it by lifting the door as I closed it, and it sounded very bad.

We have a new junkyard called "U Pull It" where you actually get to go to the yard and pull whatever you need off of their vehicles. Costs $1 to get in, and you use your own tools and stuff. I cannot afford a brand new door, so I looked around the junkyard and found the perfect replacement: A white door off a 1990 Dodge Dakota that was apparantly a former Village of Los Lunas truck (it said so on the sticker on the door).

In order to pull the door, I would have to pull the fender, that much I figured out (and confirmed through the help of Don Jones). The junkyard truck was easy, because all I cared about was the door, so we bent the fender out enough to get at the door bolts.

It was a different story on my truck. To take off the door, I had to take off the fender. To take off the fender, I had to take off the valance and the hood, and the battery holder. Not pretty. All is done now, and my truck looks ghetto as hell, a perfect fit for my neighborhood.

Here's the finished product:

Attachments

• fenderoff.jpg
    fenderoff.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 22
  • door.jpg
    door.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 35
L10MAN said:
Now it's time for an Autozone paint job.:D
Ron
Aren't you supposed to spray primer grey willy-nilly all over it and leave it that way?

SkyHog said:
My dog and I are hunkered down right now, in my living room, the central room with the most rooms/walls around it.

A series of shots and screams just broke out just outside my apartment. No police yet.

And the shots haven't stopped yet.
SkyHog said:
my truck looks ghetto as hell, a perfect fit for my neighborhood.
I've got friends in low places...

Last edited:
too bad you painted over the city sign

when i first saw this thread i thought it had something to do with the door in your bedroom that had an untimely demise, but remembered that you have moved.

Back