New design aircraft

I'm not a design engineer. But, the two forward electric motors would cause prop wash into the rear motor. That doesn't seem efficient and/or effective.

I'm also sure there is a reason why planes today don't consist of three wings. Drag? Efficiency? I wonder how much weight the solar panels add as a skin replacement.

Glad people are working on new designs, but perhaps this should be vetted a little more. Also, $40,000 won't buy much of a factory to produce these planes, let alone engineers to actually design the airplane before any prototypes could be made.

the concept and technology is not foreign as vehicles are already being powered in this manner. The limiting factor is going to be the weight vs power output ratio..

Another Icon-like promise airplane.

Send us your money, we may send you a plane ... someday.

In the meantime, we've got playboy bunnies to date and jets to fly them around in on your dime.

Don't see it coming together in my time.

My new airplane will do .95 mach, carry 6 people and runs on carrots. It uses about five pounds per hour.
Send me money.

Lots of wrecked dreams along the aviation road. Makes the success of RV's truly remarkable. :dunno:

Last edited:
"Worlds first true hybrid aircraft".....

Huh???

Don't ya have to build one and fly it to make that claim?

If not...I have the first aircraft to run on sheets n giggles...no batteries!!!

Please send money to sheetsngiggles.com/gofundme;)

Lol

I want the biggest engine you can cram into the cowl, make the rest as low profile as you can, stress it for major Gs, and make sure it looks sexy.

If my girl found out I was flying a "hybrid" she'd say we both should see other men :rofl:

Hybrid cars work because most of the time the vehicle is just cruising along at 25 percent power, which a small electric motor can do quite easily. Airplanes mostly cruise at much higher power settings.

Hybrid cars work because most of the time the vehicle is just cruising along at 25 percent power, which a small electric motor can do quite easily. Airplanes mostly cruise at much higher power settings.

The thing that got me was that the biodiesel engine was supposed to run the center thruster (200hp) and charge the batteries for the 400hp worth of fans on the wings. That says to me he needs at least a 700hp bioDiesel burning engine to pull it off, so we're talking a TPE-331 or PT-6 to power it, or the big 12 cylinder Audi TDI with the phenolic block. At that point, why the batteries? I have a hard time picturing a set of batteries that could provide any significant flight endurance in case of engine failure to be worth their weight. Maybe if you used a H2 fuel cell and used the wing spars for the tanks you could manage to store electricity without a huge weight penalty.

Back