New Comanche Owner

Tommar98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tommar98
Took the plunge and purchased a Comanche 250. Got my first 2 hrs in yesterday. Has Aspen Evolution, G430, S-Tec 50 and digital manifold and rpm gauges.

A/P was having some trouble with alt hold. Will need to look at that. In the meantime it was fun to be able to climb to 6500 feet and get cruising at 150 Knots.
41c0392c0fa46929fcc4d37fe72f943c.jpg

4a8f8121e41944268cea39162a3cf3ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, and nice plane. I have the Aspen too. It took me awhile to get used to it, and I still miss the old VSI.

Congrats, and nice plane. I have the Aspen too. It took me awhile to get used to it, and I still miss the old VSI.

It’s different but I think I’ll like it for IFR. Have to get used to looking at the VSI rate number displayed rather than the trend. Have to get the alt-hold looked at. Goes up and down. For now though I’ve got focus on just learning the planes feel and hitting the numbers on approach, etc.

That does look like a sweet looking plane that you have there. Hope you really enjoy it for many years to come.

I bought a Comanche 250 in January. Have about 80 hours in it. Aspen upgrade next month. 480 GPS. Century 2000 auto pilot. I love it.

Congratulations...:cheers: Enjoy it and like that tv repo guy says... Fly it like you stole it... :goofy:

Great airplanes. Cavernous inside, and fast to boot. Many refer to them as the poor man's Bonanza. Enjoy.

Great airplane. You can probably get it to go even faster. STEC APs are usually rock solid on altitude hold, so maybe check your servos.

Took the plunge and purchased a Comanche 250. Got my first 2 hrs in yesterday. Has Aspen Evolution, G430, S-Tec 50 and digital manifold and rpm gauges.

A/P was having some trouble with alt hold. Will need to look at that. In the meantime it was fun to be able to climb to 6500 feet and get cruising at 150 Knots.

Sweeeet! I looked at a Comanche 400 a long time ago before I bought my Cherokee. Never flew it, but those things are movers, that is for sure. 250/260/400 doesn't matter, all fast.

I wanna say I've seen that one somewhere when I was browsing around online. Looks great, have fun!

I love the aspen! I bought a 66 comanche 260B a few months back! Amazing machine. Looks like your panel was changed sometime in the past. I'd love to re-organize mine! Amazing planes! I have some speed mods but get over 165kts, usually.

Huntman- any problems with your century 2000? I have a gns 530 with the century 2000 and having some issues with glide slope intercept.

I love the aspen! I bought a 66 comanche 260B a few months back! Amazing machine. Looks like your panel was changed sometime in the past. I'd love to re-organize mine! Amazing planes! I have some speed mods but get over 165kts, usually.

Huntman- any problems with your century 2000? I have a gns 530 with the century 2000 and having some issues with glide slope intercept.

Honestly I always hand fly my approaches. I’ll try some on autopilot. I flew for 4,000 hours without an autopilot before I bought my Comanche 250 with the Century 2000 in it. It is so awesome for long cross country trips. Flys the little pink line....

I have the GNS480. It can be a bit finicky.

Back