New colors on the Extra

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
gibbons said:
I say hats off to owners who are willing to take a chance on their paint schemes. I can only take so many three color factory paint jobs. Viva La Difference!
Know what I mean Vern?
Here's the way mine rolled out of the hangar today..... I got tired of the all white. The overwhelming response at the local airport is, "You've lost your mind." That goes without saying.

Last edited:
Catchy, and I think attractive. All white is boring, as are far too many of the paint jobs around.

gibbons said:
The overwhelming response at the local airport is, "You've lost your mind."
Well, I thought that BEFORE you added the paint scheme. ;)

Why didn't the folks at the airport like it?
gibbons said:
I can't see who responds how on a poll, so I thought I get some honest feedback. What do you think?
I think I'll need a ride in it before I really decide if it looks good. :yes:

Diana said:
I think I'll need a ride in it before I really decide if it looks good. :yes:

I concur, this needs an inflight evaluation :D. I like it. Is that a pearl-white base coat?

Jeff

I think it is absolutely beautiful.

And Jeff, your 182 is looking good, too.

Why not fly it to Arkansas next weekend to celebrate?

Show up, I'll buy you a beer.

gibbons said:
Know what I mean Vern?
Here's the way mine rolled out of the hangar today..... I got tired of the all white. The overwhelming response at the local airport is, "You've lost your mind." That goes without saying.

I love it!

gibbons said:
Know what I mean Vern?

Looks great Chip.
Gary

You should be embarrassed to fly something that looks like that. You should give it to me to spare yourself the pain.

Pretty neat Chip. When's it coming to Dallas? Thought you were flying in last weekend.

Dave

I'm surprised you didn't paint it to match the Citabria. You gonna paint that to match the Extra now?:D

Dave Siciliano said:
Pretty neat Chip. When's it coming to Dallas? Thought you were flying in last weekend.

Dave
Dave,

I flew to McKinney instead. It was almost as close to the soccer fields (UT at Dallas) and cheaper by a lot. I was in the Bonanza with an airplane full of folks. We didn't have time to do anything but run from match to match.

gibbons said:
Dave,

I flew to McKinney instead. It was almost as close to the soccer fields (UT at Dallas) and cheaper by a lot. I was in the Bonanza with an airplane full of folks. We didn't have time to do anything but run from match to match.

Glad you got everything worked out. UTD is where I got my undergrad degree; haven't been back in a long time. Didn't realize that's where you were going. How'd the niece do?

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Glad you got everything worked out. UTD is where I got my undergrad degree; haven't been back in a long time. Didn't realize that's where you were going. How'd the niece do?

Dave
The daughter (I think SS's niece was there). She didn't play as well as she'd hoped. Some days diamonds, some days rust. Thanks for asking.

Back