New Class D in Colorado - FTG

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
The new tower opened today at Denver - Front Range (KFTG). Too bad it didn't make the sectional or tac that just come out.

!DEN 08/004 FTG ATIS 119.25 CMSND 1300-0300 DLY
!DEN 07/309 FTG TWR LC 120.2/GC 124.7 CMSND 1300-0300 DLY WEF
!DEN 07/304 FTG CDSA 1300-0300 DLY 7999/BLW EXC DEN CBSA WEF
!DEN 07/051 FTG CTAF 120.20 PCL 123.0 WEF 0507081500

ejensen said:
The new tower opened today at Denver - Front Range (KFTG). Too bad it didn't make the sectional or tac that just come out.
The infamous "they" have known about this for many months. I find it somewhat amazing that it didn't get printed in this round of charts!

gkainz said:
The infamous "they" have known about this for many months. I find it somewhat amazing that it didn't get printed in this round of charts!

Prolly some regulation that they can't publish it until its operational. Remember, it was supposed to open in May, then they told me June 1 and now two months later it actually opened.

The tower has been operating in July as an "Advisory Tower" so the controllers could practice. Kind of interesting to use.

Anthony said:
Prolly some regulation that they can't publish it until its operational. Remember, it was supposed to open in May, then they told me June 1 and now two months later it actually opened.

The tower has been operating in July as an "Advisory Tower" so the controllers could practice. Kind of interesting to use.

I heard the "Advisory Tower" got real interestng at times. Some folks were pretty much ignoring them??:hairraise:

Well now it is official. Maybe they'll get to carve a small piece out of the class B soon.

ejensen said:
I heard the "Advisory Tower" got real interestng at times. Some folks were pretty much ignoring them??:hairraise:

Well now it is official. Maybe they'll get to carve a small piece out of the class B soon.

I never heard any problems, but I didn't fly for a couple of weeks due to travel and work. The times I was up there, it seemed to be OK, but was a little weird. I just treated it as a Class D and we got along fine.

I think it will help with sequencing and getting people out and about around the Class B. There are a decent amount of B incursions with transient pilots. It is tight.

Anthony said:

That's right - I forgot about that! It was supposed to open shortly after our jaunt out to Sidney.

Anthony said:
I never heard any problems, but I didn't fly for a couple of weeks due to travel and work. The times I was up there, it seemed to be OK, but was a little weird. I just treated it as a Class D and we got along fine.

I think it will help with sequencing and getting people out and about around the Class B. There are a decent amount of B incursions with transient pilots. It is tight.

Probably just had to hit the 'right' folks. I did hear quite a few on 123.0 for awhile. It has been nice and quite on the air lately though. I'll miss hearing friends in the air.

That tightness north and west is why I hope DEN will give them a little for the new D.

ejensen said:
That tightness north and west is why I hope DEN will give them a little for the new D.

Yes, having to always go east or south before going west or north is a little bit of a pain. But with DEN so close, we'll probably still have to do that. They've been allowing me to go direct DEN tower if going west on many occasions. This is on Approach. I haven't tried calling up DEN tower directly yet. I may have to try that. :)

Back