New Cherokee in the nest!

Skyscraper

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Skyscraper
Picked up by my step-father down in SoCal and flew it back to our home spot at KSTS. Haven't had the chance to go up in it yet but eagerly awaiting. Not gonna worry much about flying it yet as I've been training in a Cessna 150 and want to finish and get my cert. in that since I'm already familiar with it. Still, checking this thing out has me excited! Looks like it'll be a fine plane for us! Just thought I would share :rockon:

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • securedownload-3.jpeg
    securedownload-3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • securedownload-4.jpeg
    securedownload-4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • securedownload-5.jpeg
    securedownload-5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
She looks nice
I got my ticket in a 150 and took me 1.5 hours for the checkout in the rental Cherokee.
You won't have any problems.
Just watch the ground effect, a little more in the Cherokee than in the 150l

Got my ticket in a Cherokee 140 ,always have a place in my heart for the Cherokee line.you are going to enjoy it good luck.

nice. I owned a cherokee 140 for 19 years and loved it.

Watch out for cracks in the bowtie yokes.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to finish out in your new plane? Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to get comfy in it. :dunno:

Fun, capable plane. Enjoy. I flew the same thing for a year after getting my PPL.

Congrats. Cherokees are pretty tame and an easy transition, but I understand where you are coming from.

Nice plane! For the first time since 1998, I am without a Cherokee. I got my ticket in a plane just like yours -- dang, I loved that plane!

You will fly the pants off her. Have fun!

Last edited:
Unless you are very close to completing your training, dump the 150 and start flying your plane! It will take you no more than a couple of hours to get used to it.

Nice plane! For the first time since 1998, I am without a Cherokee. I got my ticket in a plane just like yours -- dang, I loved that plane!

You will fly the pants of her. Have fun!

Just not the wheel pants! :)

Congrats on the new arrival!

New leader in the clubhouse! I thought my old Cessna panel had the biggest glovebox in the fleet, but yours is now the king.:D

Back