New CFII

dautio

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dautio
Well I passed my Instrument Instructors check ride yesterday!! I'm now a II!! In the last year and half a lot has happened for me. After not flying for since 1978 I've managed to have my CFI reinstated and now passed CFI-I check ride. It's been a lot of work and fun. Now the learning can really begin. I guess the hardest thing was learning all changed regs and new equipment. When I first got my instrument rating we had single channel radios and thought it was great to dual radios and dual glide slopes. DME was something the big guys had and GPS was unheard of. RNAV was just beginning to be introduced. My how things have changed. But I feel fortunate to have learned how to fly instruments in the old days, it makes it easier for me to describe to new students how lucky they are to have the equipment they have now. It will be fun to cover up the GPS and ask them what they're going to do now.

Congrats!! And by all means "keep it old school"... that skill set seems sorely needed these days. :D

Well I passed my Instrument Instructors check ride yesterday!! I'm now a II!! In the last year and half a lot has happened for me. After not flying for since 1978 I've managed to have my CFI reinstated and now passed CFI-I check ride. It's been a lot of work and fun. Now the learning can really begin. I guess the hardest thing was learning all changed regs and new equipment. When I first got my instrument rating we had single channel radios and thought it was great to dual radios and dual glide slopes. DME was something the big guys had and GPS was unheard of. RNAV was just beginning to be introduced. My how things have changed. But I feel fortunate to have learned how to fly instruments in the old days, it makes it easier for me to describe to new students how lucky they are to have the equipment they have now. It will be fun to cover up the GPS and ask them what they're going to do now.

Congratulations!!

Since I haven't done it before, Welcome to POA.

Well I passed my Instrument Instructors check ride yesterday!! I'm now a II!!

:rollercoaster:
Congratulations !

You have the 'double-I', the license to foggle.

When I first got my instrument rating we had single channel radios and thought it was great to dual radios and dual glide slopes. DME was something the big guys had

I'm sure there are some skills you will be able to teach your instrument students that someone who has never seen anything but a set of TV screens in front of him never heard of.

Since I haven't done it before, Welcome to POA.

LOL he's been on POA since August of 08' But Peggys right since you haven't really posted we don't know you so a big belated welcome as well. And congrats on the II!!

Where do you fly out of? Hope you'll post some more.

Congrats!

I just decided to add my II. We're kinda in the same boat. I haven't flown an approach in 10 years, so the IPC will be first. GPS was just starting to get big at that time. Hopefully I didn't lose all my skills!

Congrats from a suffering :) instrument student.
Why can't I just shoot the ADF? Find me an NDB approach anywhere...Take it and me out of our misery!

Congrats from a suffering :) instrument student.
Why can't I just shoot the ADF? Find me an NDB approach anywhere...Take it and me out of our misery!

Just keep telling yourself: fun, fun, fun...

Of course it works the other way too, you can just keep saying: bummer, bummer, bummer,...

Back