New CFI at KLNS

dmccormack

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dan Mc
I just signed on as a part time CFI at Adventure Flight Training at Lancaster, PA airport (KLNS).

They have two Evektor Sportstars. It was snowing and windy yesterday and today, so I'll have to wait to fly, but I had a good look-see in the hangar yesterday and just went through the POH and ROTAX 912 operator manuals -- near airplanes with lots of potential.

This should be fun. :yesnod:

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy the SportStars.

That's great Dan! I believe they're in the same building where I learned to fly in 1994, but it was Airways then. I took a cruise through there last summer after the Community Days Airshow. It really brought back memories.

That's great Dan! I believe they're in the same building where I learned to fly in 1994, but it was Airways then. I took a cruise through there last summer after the Community Days Airshow. It really brought back memories.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

I learned to fly there two hangars down in 2002. It is neat to come full circle.

:yes:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

I learned to fly there two hangars down in 2002. It is neat to come full circle.

:yes:

Actually, I may have as well. It could be were Aero-Tech is now.

Anyway, have fun. I guess the future of flight training for private purposes may be in Light Sport.

Actually, I may have as well. It could be were Aero-Tech is now.

Anyway, have fun. I guess the future of flight training for private purposes may be in Light Sport.

The Chief -- built in 1940 -- is an LSA.

Tens of thousands of pilots learned to fly in Cubs, Chiefs, and Champs.

Maybe they knew something back then that we're finally figuring out?

Now that the government subsidy is drying up (GI Bill, primarily) -- that small, light, inexpensive airplanes are all that's needed to learn to fly.

True dat. It is ashame they didn't make the C-150/152 an LSA. That's what I learned in.

Back