New car

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
I just got a new car & some knuckel head backed into it last night. Smashed the door real good.

2 people in the complex each gave me a licence plate number but they are 1 digit off. I hope one of them is correct. Lets see how long it takes the local police to find the guy.

I got it just about banged out to where it was, A little bondo & it wont show.... It is funny that the car lasted 36 years and picked now to get dented.

This is the reason I don't buy a $30,000 car...Too many morons

First photo is the dented door.. rest is after I pushed it out.

Bummer.
I know where you're coming from. (apartments are wonderful *#$&(# %(*&# places)

I hope it was parked on a public street when it got hit. At least around here the police tell you to get stuffed if it happens on private property. (They refused to do anything about the hooligan that trashed my motorcycle one early evening and I even had a description and license plate number of the moron because I caught him in the act)

fgcason said:
....I hope it was parked on a public street when it got hit. At least around here the police tell you to get stuffed if it happens on private property. (They refused to do anything about the hooligan that trashed my motorcycle one early evening and I even had a description and license plate number of the moron because I caught him in the act)
Too bad about the car. People nowadays don't care about anyone's property including their own. How many people park or drive by "feel" (that is, drive one direction until you bump something)?
But aren't police supposed to investigate crime? Seems to me the police are wrong. Hit and run or blatant vandalism is a crime; their job is to protect the public; these are certainly crimes. Does your complex supply any assistance towards vandalism? How about a CIVIL lawsuit against the perp if you know who he is?

Eamon!

If it had four doors it could have been the one I used to own. Same make/color.

-Skip

Skip Miller said:
Eamon!

If it had four doors it could have been the one I used to own. Same make/color.

-Skip
Kewll.....

I have had MANY old buicks, mostly 68's. The only 4 door I have had was a 1972 skylark.

This one is a 1969 Skylark 2DSD.

In NY I have a 68 GS400 2DSD, a 68 GS400 CONV & a 68 Skylark 2DSD.

They are all about as rough as this one. Once I get a 7 day on 7 off job I am going to start restoring :)

Hey, Eamon, that ain't a bad car to start with. I really like that era of Skylarks.

Bummer, it getting hit. Hope you nail the bastid.

You comin' to G06? We're gonna have Frito Chili Pie and Movie Night and a Wet T-shirt Contest.

Oh, maybe not that last one...

SCCutler said:
Hey, Eamon, that ain't a bad car to start with. I really like that era of Skylarks.

Bummer, it getting hit. Hope you nail the bastid.

You comin' to G06? We're gonna have Frito Chili Pie and Movie Night and a Wet T-shirt Contest.

Oh, maybe not that last one...

GO6? Tell me when & where & I'll try :)

I can't wait to see you in a wet T LOL :)

Eamon said:

I could have lived my whole life without knowing that... :eek:

Eamon said:

You'll have to!

I mean, of course, Gaston's 2006, in June.

I know you know about it, but if you've been so busy with your big-shot "I get paid to fly the cool airplane" thing, check out info in the "Cool Places" forum (come to think of it, it has been a little while since I saw your dancing mouse on the board). Dates not off the top of my head, but rooms are fillin' up fast (we are not the only group gonna be there, just the most interesting one). You gotta be there, because no one else can muster the Beer Diversity Factor (BDF) you bring.

And yes, Brian, you are safe from ever seeing that sight.

SKYlark, SKYlane, MouSKYteer.....do I detect a theme here?

Last edited:
SCCutler said:
You'll have to!

I mean, of course, Gaston's 2006, in June.

I know you know about it, but if you've been so busy with your big-shot "I get paid to fly the cool airplane" thing, check out info in the "Cool Places" forum (come to think of it, it has been a little while since I saw your dancing mouse on the board). Dates not off the top of my head, but rooms are fillin' up fast (we are not the only group gonna be there, just the most interesting one). You gotta be there, because no one else can muster the Beer Diversity Factor (BDF) you bring.

And yes, Brian, you are safe from ever seeing that sight.
I'll bee there :) even if I have to sleep in my Aerostar or longEZ of whatever I am flying then :)

Eamon said:
I'll bee there :) even if I have to sleep in my Aerostar or longEZ of whatever I am flying then :)

When I was in west Texas, and visiting with Dave Taylor, he showed me the Citation and its takeoff performance tables (that and teh Conquest he flies, too). Either one could operate from Gaston's... I told Dave, "...bring the jet."

But I think the tires are too hard, they'd rut the grass.

Sure that's it... tires, ruts, grass. That's the ticket.

Toby said:
SKYlark, SKYlane, MouSKYteer.....do I detect a theme here?
LOL Well you know me too well I guess..................

(music)I'm just a plane slut.........& everwhere I fly ... people know the partys going...........(music)

Back