New Car-Ford Edge

We recently got a little Nissan Juke as a quick little car to get around town...it only has an 8 gallon tank because that's all you need to go 350 miles in it.

I'm interested in something like that for an airport commuter. Just sold my boat so no longer need a 13 mpg truck!

Got any good deals down there? My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I'll take a long weekend to pick up a car in another state if it saves me a few grand.

I cant imagine we could save you enough to make it worthwhile. Anyway, I am just a lowly Parts Mgr. ........Paging N747JB........Come in John. He owns a much larger dealership in the Atlanta area and would be more likely to help if it is at all possible, my guess is that your local dealer would be your best bet. I usually encourage people to buy local and establish a relationship with your dealer. Vehicles are becoming so complex that you really cant avoid the dealer so the better plan is to establish a good working relationship with them. Let me know if I can help you further.

I cant imagine we could save you enough to make it worthwhile. Anyway, I am just a lowly Parts Mgr. ........Paging N747JB........Come in John. He owns a much larger dealership in the Atlanta area and would be more likely to help if it is at all possible, my guess is that your local dealer would be your best bet. I usually encourage people to buy local and establish a relationship with your dealer. Vehicles are becoming so complex that you really cant avoid the dealer so the better plan is to establish a good working relationship with them. Let me know if I can help you further.

My neighbor is a salesman at our local lot, but they only have one Edge on their lot right now. Bought our other car, a Fusion, from them a few years ago.

oh, I just came up with one complaint about my wife's Edge, since someone above mentioned the auto lift gate. The Edge does not have an adjustable stop on the lift gate... the Explorer does, but not the Edge. That means I now have to replace the Blue Oval emblem because the lift gate opens all the way up and rubs on the garage door hinge when the garage door is open.

Oh, and the voice nav system sucks ... she needs to take lessons from Siri, as I'm usually AT the destination by the time I get done cussing her out about her damned picky prompts. Couldn't be operator error, tho... :)

My neighbor is a salesman at our local lot, but they only have one Edge on their lot right now. Bought our other car, a Fusion, from them a few years ago.

I am sure the local guy will be glad to get one from another dealership, we all do it all the time. I'd love to sell you one, but honestly it wouldn't be worth your time and effort unless you were planning on being down here anyway. :D If you want to PM me with the details, I'll be glad to look over the pricing and help you make sure you are getting a good deal. :D

I am sure the local guy will be glad to get one from another dealership, we all do it all the time. I'd love to sell you one, but honestly it wouldn't be worth your time and effort unless you were planning on being down here anyway. :D If you want to PM me with the details, I'll be glad to look over the pricing and help you make sure you are getting a good deal. :D

Yeah, that!!!

Hope the Edge doesn't have the airbag issues that have plagued other Fords.

Hope the Edge doesn't have the airbag issues that have plagued other Fords.

If you're referring to the Takata recall, Ford wasn't hit nearly as hard as Honda or Toyota, but I think that most of the major auto manufacturers were affected.

Ford's satisfaction and reliability ratings seem to be consistently competitive with Honda and Toyota in recent years, so they're obviously doing something right. Where I've seen lower scores for Ford, the scores appear to be pulled down by poor technology integration. I think that Ford really dropped the ball by hanging on to Microsoft for MyFordTouch. Seems that they could have done the BlackBerry thing sooner, or developed their own system.

JKG

You have driven a lexus 4x4 and you think ford is better? Good luck.
I bought a Lexus Rx400h their first year. I sold it after 5 years because stuff started falling off. The dashboard cracked in about a half dozen places, which Lexus replaced for free, but they wouldn't fix several other things. And I never could get that stupid front end aligned so that it would track straight.

And comparing a 23 year old Mustang to anything built today is just silly.

I own a 2013 Edge Limited and am one of those who smiles every time I drive it. All of thr Frill features still operate flawlessly and I will most likely trade in model/type for 2016. Have 45000+ mi on mine.

45000 mi + on my 2013 and I am one of those who still smiles every time I drive it.

So I wrecked my Grand Cherokee over the weekend. Waiting to hear back from the adjustor to see if it's totalled or not. Sort of hope it is so I can get another car. Loved my Jeep, but I think it's cursed. So does anybody have experience with a Ford Edge?

I rented an Edge a couple of weeks ago and liked it.

That said, I considered the Edge along with several others including a Toyota Venza earlier this year when replacing a totalled minivan. I found a great deal on a Chrysler Pacifica and went that route. Most bang for the buck by far. So far no regrets.

Dave

Back