New bird in the house

Richard O

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Richard O.
It took longer than I thought but I finally found and bought a Decathlon that I was happy with. I looked at a lot and this was by far the nicest. It's a 1979 Decathlon. 150 hp fixed pitch. 1400TT, 600SMOH. The radios aren't anything to write home about but it does have a Mode C transponder (I fly in ATL's mode C veil) and a King dual comm. I already have 2 good handheld GPS's. It was recovered and had a new interior in '96. It's been hangared since.
IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

I sure love Decathalons! Good pick up, it appears!

Richard, that is a VERY pretty Decathlon. Congratulations! :cheerswine:

Are you checked out in it yet? Is this your first taildragger? Have you done aerobatics in it yet? Did it come with parachutes?

Richard, that is a VERY pretty Decathlon. Congratulations! :cheerswine:

Are you checked out in it yet? Is this your first taildragger? Have you done aerobatics in it yet? Did it come with parachutes?

Thanks Diana and everyone else for the comments.

I had a '68 Citabria 7ECA several years ago (before TW endorsements) and had a flight review in a Super D in '05 so I've tried to get some TW time every few years. I always wanted to get another Citabria or Decathlon so when I sold my share of the Cherokee the timing was perfect for this.

I did some takeoffs and landings with the seller until I felt comfortable doing it on my own. I'll get out this week and practice some.

That's great Richard!! I'll trade you a ride in the Mooney for one in the Decathlon:yes:

Nice looking airplane Richard! I took some acro lessons in a Decathlon last summer and hope to be able to get involved again this year.

Wow! Looks very clean and straight, and that's a nice panel... fly the heck out of it. :)

Congratulations Richard, she's a real beauty! Who needs radios when you've got a tailwheel and acro capability?

Hopefully, in a coupla years, I'll be able to make a post like this.

Trapper John

Back