New Battery Time

Flybynite

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flybynite
Time for a new battery in the Cardinal. What type is the best?
Thanks, Guys

Check to see what is allowed.i second the choice of the Concorde AGM.

I ditched the Gill batteries and went with the Concorde RG25-XC.

IMG_2564.JPG

odyssey, save some weight as well as get a better battery

My battery is in the rear of the aircraft. I want as much weight back there as I can. :D

I have the same battery Gary posted a picture of. Got 5 good years out of it so far, and isn't showing any signs of weakness.

Ditto. If weight is important for CG reasons Odyssey has a battery comparable in weight and performance specs to the RG35 as well.

My battery is in the rear of the aircraft. I want as much weight back there as I can. :D

I have the same battery Gary posted a picture of. Got 5 good years out of it so far, and isn't showing any signs of weakness.

Huh, I did too until it left me stranded after 3 years and 11 months. And I frequently (but not always) had it on a BatteryMinder. Either you live a good clean life, or your turn is near!

With a newer starter, I saved $25 bucks and skipped the XC version this time.

I need a new battery too. The current Concorde is 6 years old, still cranking fine.

I have a new one bookmarked with Aircraft Spruce for my next order.

Have a Concorde AGM and am happy with it.

We replace ours every 3 yrs, just to avoid the failure when you really need the battery to work. Most batteries out here do not last 3 1/2 yrs. Summer temps above 110F, winter down to 30F. Flown 3-6 hours every weekend.

Car batteries barely last 3 years.

When I remember to do so, I pick up a replacement battery at OSH if it's been a four years. I figure lugging it back myself saves on shipping.

I leave it on the bench in the hangar until I need to switch it out.

Back