New Aviation App

charlie2014

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Charlie
Hey guys, my name is Charlie and I'm 19. I've been working on an aviation app for some time now and just wanted your opinions! Tell me what you think!
image23_zps3beb08f6.png

image_zps7b61073b.png

First welcome,don't think I'll be flying an Airbus in the near future. I if it's adaptable to ga ,looks like a good idea. Good luck,keep up the good work.

Thanks guys, it will be free. My partner and I will be going for the commercial market on a whole different scale. This version will be about 100 of the most common GA planes. This was just a dummy checklist in the pictures. Thanks for the kind words!
Charlie

The ability to customize from a website and sync back to the mobile device would nice as it keeps one from having to type changes on a small touch keyboard. Most of us like to add personal favorites to our check lists. Might also be nice to be able to share a check list with others.

The ability to customize from a website and sync back to the mobile device would nice as it keeps one from having to type changes on a small touch keyboard. Most of us like to add personal favorites to our check lists. Might also be nice to be able to share a check list with others.
Thanks for your suggestions Alan! Another feature we will be adding is the ability to edit the checklists because not everyone uses the same checklist and that extra subtle reminder of a key task sure can make the difference of being safe or not.

fltplan has a free customizable checklist app, although I haven't used it so I can't say if it's good or not, just saying it exists.

fltplan has a free customizable checklist app, although I haven't used it so I can't say if it's good or not, just saying it exists.

In recent years I've tried out Foreflight, Aopa's FlyQ and Jeppesen's Mobile Flight Deck VFR. Each has it's own unique features that I like. I'm not a regular flier, only getting out about once a month, but I also sim in between so I wanted an app that could connect with Xplane, too. Fltplan Go does just about everything I need, and more, and I just tried it out on a flight this past Thursday. It worked very well. Being a free app, which includes geo-referenced plates and customizable checklists, I don't see myself renewing my other subscriptions. I especially liked the measuring tool that allows you to click two points for quick distance calculation.

Another problem I experienced was that my 16Gig iPad was maxed out on memory with so many apps loaded and Fltplan Go is using less than a gig. I believe my foreflight was using nearly 3 times that, if not more. In the end, I'm deciding to use Fltplan Go for my flights and the Jeppesen app for initial flight and route selection. What I like about the Jepp product is the incredible clarity of the charts. There is very little, if any, clutter that a VFR pilot, such as myself, needs.

You haven't looked at Google Play recently, have you?

There are a ton of checklist apps. Most of them aren't very good.

Probably the best known is FltPlan Go.
You're right -- but the last time I looked, they all sucked.

Once I moved all my checklists into my EFIS, I was happy.

Back