New AOA/Speed controller for GA aircraft

OK, I more or less agree with you, though I like to teach spins as it takes the mystery and fear of the unknown away from it IMO.

I do agree that spin exposure helps take the fear and mystery away, plus I think they're fun to do. If I had a spin approved aircraft I would go out and do them for fun. Since I fly a 310 these days, well, not an option.

How'd you like Quebec?? I can speak French to save my life, AWSOME place though and the women... well... good choice for a x-country!

This leg from the day's flight shows you the furthest north I went (and you can see the other destinations from the day):

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N488SP/history/20130615/1700Z/CYHH/CYUL

Flying in the uncontrolled airspace of Canada is some of the most fun flying that I do. I've gone even further north to CSU2 (at the northeastern tip of the James Bay), and hope to get to go explore up there some more. If you like middle of nowhere flying, it's worth the trip. I've been in places up there where I'm literally not within 80 nm of an airport.

Although if it's the women you're after, I would NOT recommend any of the Cree communities. ;)

I just have one question about all this. Has anyone tried to fly with a string tied to a stick protruding from the wing? Does it display anything useful?
There was a mechanical AoA indicator system (made by Safe Flight IIRC) that used a vane hinged from a short (2-3") mast sticking up from the wing's upper surface at about the MAC. I've seen then but never flew with one.

I just have one question about all this. Has anyone tried to fly with a string tied to a stick protruding from the wing? Does it display anything useful?
A couple of gliders I was in (they called them sailplanes) had a short mast with a string in front of the pilot, that showed both angle of attack and whether the plane was slipping or skidding.

The F-4 had a string hanging from the pitot boom, as do many gliders. For the same reason.

I have over 3000hrs at this point, flew floats and Tailwheel in the PNW, so yea did the weather thing, flown 200seres from coast to coast and back, half of which IMC, flown AG, flown turbine, gold seal CFI a few times over, did photo work, flown DZ work, flown.....
Log about 100hrs a month on average, own my own plane too

How bout you champ?

Do you also have the big wrist watch?:rolleyes2:

:rofl::rofl:

Back