New Airline starting up

Be interesting to see how it plays out. Founder of JetBlue. They are supposedly going to set up a pilot base at ORF and serve several nonstop markets that we haven’t had in decades.

This will be Neeleman's 5th airline that he has been part of the start of, and the first four have been successful. Pretty good track record, considering.

with a first year pay of 55/hr with only a 55 hr guarantee, good luck hiring pilots. considering envoy is paying 50hr with a 75 hr guarantee, 10k signing bonus, and a flow to american.

The only people they are probably hiring now are the ones that want to get in on the ground floor of something brand new.

I remember a time when pilots paid the airline for the privilege of getting hired. They had plenty of applicants. Most airlines charged to accept your application, and then charged for you to update, most wanted updates every 6 months. Some things change, but I doubt there is any pilot shortage, and there never will be a shortage. They will fill the seats, no problem.

What hardware are they flying ?

The only people they are probably hiring now are the ones that want to get in on the ground floor of something brand new.
I had a good AF friend who, in the midst of the huge major airline hiring wave in 2000, decided to go against the grain and go to jetBlue. He's happy he made that choice. He's probably in the top 100 seniority numbers there.

I had a good AF friend who, in the midst of the huge major airline hiring wave in 2000, decided to go against the grain and go to jetBlue. He's happy he made that choice. He's probably in the top 100 seniority numbers there.

My first CFI had an offer at JetBlue about the same time. He decided to stay at Comair instead. He ended up getting hired at Continental, and is now a captain at United. Had he gone to JetBlue he would be right up there with your buddy. Who knows if he made the right choice, but he's happy.

Back