New Addition to the Family.

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Today We went down to the local animal shelter and adopted "Mooney" (If nick can have a dog named piper...)
He is a 4 month old tabby, full of engergy and already seems to accept his new home. Cant wait to take him flying or give him a bath!

Attachments

• cAT 013.jpg
    cAT 013.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 18
  • cAT 010.jpg
    cAT 010.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 26
Very cute kitty Michael.

Did you really name him Mooney?

Hell yeah, Michael. Mooney is a good cat name!

When are you gonna take Mooney into the Mooney?

I dunno yet Nick. We tried to staple him to the seat in the car, but he fought us the whole time. So we might either get some spikes or just leave mooney on the ground. :)

Dogs think, "He feeds me, he must be God."

Cats think, "He feeds me, I must be God."

Michael said:
Today We went down to the local animal shelter and adopted "Mooney" (If nick can have a dog named piper...)
He is a 4 month old tabby, full of engergy and already seems to accept his new home. Cant wait to take him flying or give him a bath!

He's already taken your spot on the couch? This makes me think about the "dog training" thread... My wife had commented that such techniques only seem to work with dogs. If you try to hold a cat down and growl at it, you'll lose an eyeball or worse. Is there such a thing as "training a cat", or they just "above it all"?

By the way... great name.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Wow that kitty has some HUGE paws.
Does look like he will have some growing to do!!

BTW I did train one of my cats to ride along in the car. It took a little bit of time but was not that hard. The first step was to leash train them. I started with a simple collar and took her out every day for a walk. She generally ledd the walk but got used to having the leash on.

The next step was to have her in the car on the seat next to me. The leash was kept short and she eventually decided that as long as she had the leash on she was safe. Her favorite part of the ride was looking out the window at the trucks going by!!

Kudos on getting a shelter animal. I love going to the shelter but when I leave I want to take them all home.

SkyHog said:
Hell yeah, Michael. Mooney is a good cat name!

When are you gonna take Mooney into the Mooney?

During all the years of owning the camera store there were overlapping times that I had kitties, Pentax, Ricoh, and Iris.

HR

Back