New Able Flight Pilot!!

maddog52

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
maddog52
Jorge Urrea took his Sport Pilot checkride this morning at KRYY, Cobb County/McCollum field. He took the oral yesterday but winds kept him from doing the inflight portion. He got it done today despite less than optimal winds. He did a great job!!! He's the third Able Flight scholar to complete his training. www.ableflight.org. Mike Davidson was the instructor that got him ready. Thanks Mike!!!

Congratulations Jorge!!!

I am based at Wings KLOM where Sean is going to try to get his operation going. I was just at the field this past Weekend and saw the skyarrow there. I though its got to be his. Looks like a cool plane. I'd love to rent it if its outfitted for able bodied folks as well.

. I though its got to be his. Looks like a cool plane. I'd love to rent it if its outfitted for able bodied folks as well.

Adam,

It takes about 10 seconds to remove the throttle/rudder T-Handle and rudder pedal blockers and the same to put them in. There's nothing that says you couldn't fly it with the hand controls after getting checked out on them. You'll have alot of fun flying it no matter what configuration!!!

great news for Jorge. he was at Oshkosh right?

Adam - the Sky Arrow is a nice flying airplane. I was able to wrangle one on a short hop during oshkosh. Kate gave great instruction on the quirks of the design. I found it to have very nice handling. excellent visibility too!

Congratulations to Jorge and Mike! Who will be the first passenger? What's he going to do next?

Congratulations to Jorge and Mike! Who will be the first passenger? What's he going to do next?

He told me he had to go straight back to work after the check. My guess is that his girlfriend or brother will be the first passenger. It'll be interesting to find out from them if he still sings while fllying. The video of his solo earned him the nickname "Pavarotti".:D

He volunteers his architecture skills to fellow graduates of the Sheppard Center making their homes more accessible. I'm hoping he can give us some pointers on improving our facility.

Back