New 4-place retract glass twin

Hmm, gussy it up with the glass panel, autopilot and a second navcom, and you're at about $450,000 for book values of 145 knots, useful load of 1000 pounds (700 with full fuel) and 685 nm range.

Interesting market position for a light twin. Have to see how it works in real life.

It looks like it would make for a very economical ME trainer and time builder.

Be interesting to see how they deal with feathering. It's in the same ballpark as the Diamond twin, but of course the Diamond is not the ideal twin trainer because the prop is automatic.

That's what I was thinking. Less powerful than a Seminole (so it'll kill you a little slower) but with surprisingly decent performance, so it's not completely pointless. I'm intregued...

power isnt that critical. weight and probably more important drag, are what matter.

i bet the cri cri could fly away on one.

That's what I was thinking. Less powerful than a Seminole (so it'll kill you a little slower) but with surprisingly decent performance, so it's not completely pointless. I'm intregued...
That would certainly be part of my criteria! :)

Be interesting to see how they deal with feathering. It's in the same ballpark as the Diamond twin, but of course the Diamond is not the ideal twin trainer because the prop is automatic.
I presume you're talking about the DA-42 TwinStar. The DA-52 Super TwinStar (my name for it), while not out yet, is going to be a lot faster. I understand they'll have two 350HP engines on it, probably the same ones they're using on the DA-50. I know that you're already aware of the -52, of course.

I presume you're talking about the DA-42 TwinStar. The DA-52 Super TwinStar (my name for it), while not out yet, is going to be a lot faster. I understand they'll have two 350HP engines on it, probably the same ones they're using on the DA-50. I know that you're already aware of the -52, of course.
Right now the -50 prototype has a conventional turbo Lyc 540. That'll change by the time the -52 comes around, so look for a pair of 4 liter diesels on the wings of the -52 (and one on the nose of the -50). The fuel specifics on that engine are great -- better even than the Thielerts on the -42. See the Oct issue of Twin & Turbine for the rest. :)

Right now the -50 prototype has a conventional turbo Lyc 540. That'll change by the time the -52 comes around, so look for a pair of 4 liter diesels on the wings of the -52 (and one on the nose of the -50). The fuel specifics on that engine are great -- better even than the Thielerts on the -42. See the Oct issue of Twin & Turbine for the rest. :)

How do we get the PoA discount rate on subscriptions?

Sure! If you happen to own a cabin class twin.
Well, I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!

Earlier, I was told we're delivering "magazines" from Williams Printing (RR Donnelley) to the GWCC next week. But, they had no idea what publication.

Will be interesting to see the stats. Tecnam is most known for their LSA aircraft.
Well, whatever it is, it won't be an LSA:
14 CFR 1.1 said:
Light-sport aircraft means an aircraft, other than a helicopter or powered-lift that, since its original certification, has continued to meet the following:
(5) A maximum seating capacity of no more than two persons, including the pilot.
(6) A single, reciprocating engine, if powered.

Back