new $100 sandwich option, Wilmington NC, KILM

exncsurfer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
exncsurfer
There is now a restaurant on the field(pretty much) at KILM. I live here so I get a $100 discount, but it is pretty tasty. It is just a takeout sandwich shop with a couple of tables, but then again you guys are transporting a plastic monkey for fun, so why not.

So far I've tried their Cuban, Brisket melt, and some sort of giant croissant sandwich(see below) and its all been good.

The FBO is Air Wilmington, I think they have a ramp fee that is waived if you buy 10 gal. The food place is maybe a quarter mile walk from the fbo.

Hours:
Mon-Fri: 6:00 am - 2:00 pm

The restaurant web site:
http://www.scratchon23rd.com/lunch/

I can't vouch for their cole slaw, :) haven't tried it.

Here is a google map, there is an actual building there now, its not just a field.
upload_2017-4-4_15-50-14.png

example:
upload_2017-4-4_15-58-7.png
upload_2017-4-4_15-58-29.png

Looks like a dirt field..that must suck when it rains.

$100 sandwich option - $100 discount = free? But the price is $5.95? Math? :)

Looks like a dirt field..that must suck when it rains.

$100 sandwich option - $100 discount = free? But the price is $5.95? Math? :)
Hey, i never said i was good at math, or capitalization of i's.

...I can't vouch for their cole slaw, :) haven't tried it.....

I would say this was your first mistake. :D

as for flying into wilmington, I'm game sometime, just so slammed at work right now there's not much flying going on. I will say that a very short uber ride from ILM to downtown yields tons of great restaurants right on the water, although that sandwich looks pretty darn good.

as for the monkey, let me say this. well, no, this was something I thought about a long time ago when we were talking coast to coast, but I'll let the image speak for itself:

upload_2017-4-4_16-21-42.png

Back