nevermind

If you're frugal but want better built and fast, why aren't you looking at Mooney too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're frugal but want better built and fast, why aren't you looking at Mooney too :)

Just out of curiosity...if I was to buy a certified aircraft again I think it would be a Mooney. I like to day dream and look at them on controller, trade a plane, etc. What would you expect to pay for a solid IFR Mooney? Seems like the ones in good shape with newer avionics are 90K+

Just out of curiosity...if I was to buy a certified aircraft again I think it would be a Mooney. I like to day dream and look at them on controller, trade a plane, etc. What would you expect to pay for a solid IFR Mooney? Seems like the ones in good shape with newer avionics are 90K+

Not wanting to be a nudge but could you start another tread please? I spend over an hour writing.

Gosh there are some solid early ones more like 50 or 60. A J or K in good shape is more the 100 kinda range. Then the long bodies seem to be at least 150 and up, although there are some AMAZING deals on the M20M Bravo. 1000+nm range throttled back or, go to 25k feet and fly at 220kts.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/18393935/1989-mooney-m20m-bravo

Gosh there are some solid early ones more like 50 or 60. A J or K in good shape is more the 100 kinda range. Then the long bodies seem to be at least 150 and up, although there are some AMAZING deals on the M20M Bravo. 1000+nm range throttled back or, go to 25k feet and fly at 220kts.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/18393935/1989-mooney-m20m-bravo

Yea that seems to be pretty accurate with what I'm seeing online. Haha I saw that m20m yesterday on controller. Nice airplane.

Not wanting to be a nudge but could you start another tread please? I spend over an hour writing.

I have no need of another thread, I was sincerely asking why not Mooney. Sit in one before you say no. Al Mooney was 6'5", and I'm not far off your weight. It's a nice step up from an Arrow. I used to have an arrow. Just too slow... Bo's are lovely. But narrower actually than an M20....

You should buy a Mooney :p
Funny guy...move along
I have no need of another thread, I was asking why not Mooney. Sit in one before you say no. Al Mooney was 6'5", and I'm not far off your weight. It's a nice step up from an Arrow. I used to have an arrow. Just too slow...

I have actually sat in three. Does not work for me. Tall torso. Plus my AI says that I will have to find another mechanic. I think that they are fine airplanes in many ways but not for me.

Ask your question on Beechtalk.com. Or better yet search there for the answer. It's been asked there many times before in different ways. If after searching there you feel the information lacking, then ask. It is among the most thoughtful and civilized forums that I have follow (even to non-type members, like me).

I haven't tracked the answers to other's questions like yours so I can't just give you their responses. But I think you'll find the information there.

Do some research. If the beech fits, buy it.

lol dude you didn't need to take your thread down you would have had plenty of answers here

Nothing wrong with the Bonanza or Debonair. When I was looking for a plane I also was looking for Arrows initially, but ended up with V35 Bonanza, and I'm glad I made that choice. Flies faster and higher than Arrow (except Turbo ones) and probably the easiest airplane to land.

morgan, have u flown a bo yet? I advise you not to if you haven't, as your answer will be made for you. if funds were not an issue, I'd be in a bo right now instead of reading the 18 billionth post from gsengle about how no other plane besides a mooney even exists. and this is coming from a guy who is looking for a mooney! I am looking mooney, will most likely buy mooney, but it's only because bo's are out of reach for me. this is also coming from the same guy who looked at arrows for a while. only reason I didn't pull the trigger there is because they seem to be similar in price to the older mooneys and between the two I want the extra speed.

ok, I'm ready to rock, gsengle!

morgan, have u flown a bo yet? I advise you not to if you haven't, as your answer will be made for you. if funds were not an issue, I'd be in a bo right now instead of reading the 18 billionth post from gsengle about how no other plane besides a mooney even exists. and this is coming from a guy who is looking for a mooney! I am looking mooney, will most likely buy mooney, but it's only because bo's are out of reach for me. this is also coming from the same guy who looked at arrows for a while. only reason I didn't pull the trigger there is because they seem to be similar in price to the older mooneys and between the two I want the extra speed.

ok, I'm ready to rock, gsengle!

It's only maybe 25 posts, and frankly I really like a nice Bonanza... but ya gotta consider all the options in the class to feel good about a decision... A Bo sure flies and lands nice.

Ask your question on Beechtalk.com. Or better yet search there for the answer. It's been asked there many times before in different ways. If after searching there you feel the information lacking, then ask. It is among the most thoughtful and civilized forums that I have follow (even to non-type members, like me).

I haven't tracked the answers to other's questions like yours so I can't just give you their responses. But I think you'll find the information there.

Yup, thats exactly where I went. Should have gone there first. Received a dozen thoughtful responses in twenty minutes. Nary a Mooney mentioned.

Back