Never to old!

imQ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Quentin
Sitting at work today when I heard the sound of multiple radial engines. I glanced out the window to see the EAA B-17 a mile or two away heading overhead. I made a comment to my end of the cubicle farm. Next thing I see is abandoned phones as most of my 20 to 60 year old coworkers were noses to the windows oohing and pointing. The old birds can still grab your attention. :yesnod:

I love doing that. Wish it happened more often. But then again, that'd make it more commonplace.

A couple of years ago i was cutting the grass and looked up to see a B17 followed closely by 4 or 5 Jap zeros. They were on final going into Lincoln for the tora, tora, tora airshow. You don't see that everyday.

The B-29 landed at KADS while we were hitting golf balls. I started telling the guys I was with about the plane and the museum and other stuff, and was immediately surrounded by ~ a dozen people, all interested and asking questions. Most didn't know about the museum, which I found interesting because the Stearman and the AT-6 are flying almost every nice weekend day.

Back