Nero 10 DVD Maker

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi Everyone,

I have just learned how to get my videos loaded onto my desktop.

I have NERO 10 Suite and can't get past the first base to add a title, caption, or edit anything at all.

I am totally lost.

I looked for a manual but can't seem to find one. Is there a NERO for Dummies somewhere or could someone recommend a good instructional manual?

Thanks,
Terry :confused:

Challenged,

I have looked at the manuals you suggested and honestly don't know where to start.

I need a "Making DVD for Dummies" or something similar.

I opened up the Nero manuals and got nowhere. I searched for a "Getting Started" and no results.

Thanks,
Terry

This review ( http://www.bonafidereviews.com/review-of-nero-multimedia-suite-10-platinum-hd/ ) indicates that a Quick Start guide is included with the Platinum package, but I couldn't find a link for a PDF version of that document, so I'm not even sure if that documentation would cover what you need. I do have an older version of the Nero suite, but I'm not familiar with version 10 unfortunately.

Windows Movie Maker; free, even I could figure it out, tolerable result.

I have used Windows Movie Maker and I do okay with it.

I finally got my desktop computer to handle DVD's and I was trying to make a decent movie out of all of my old video tapes.

I was wanting to edit, cut, add music, and even do some special effects.

I bought the NERO Suite 10 and it has been a nightmare trying to figure out what I needed to do.

Yesterday, I recorded about 2 hours of video and then was told my DVD disk wasn't large enough, needed to save it differently, yada, yada, yada..........

I will try again tomorrow and may resort to Windows Movie Maker after all.

My opinion of NERO is low.

Terry :mad:

p.s.> Thanks for all the advice. I was hoping to get a "Dummies" book on video making. :)

My favorite tool for learning how to use Adobe products, which are powerful but sometimes not intuitive, is to search YouTube for some of the free tutorials people have published. I'd recommend searching YouTube for "Nero 10 Tutorial". << Or just click this link.

I have used Windows Movie Maker and I do okay with it.

I finally got my desktop computer to handle DVD's and I was trying to make a decent movie out of all of my old video tapes.

I was wanting to edit, cut, add music, and even do some special effects.

I bought the NERO Suite 10 and it has been a nightmare trying to figure out what I needed to do.

Yesterday, I recorded about 2 hours of video and then was told my DVD disk wasn't large enough, needed to save it differently, yada, yada, yada..........

I will try again tomorrow and may resort to Windows Movie Maker after all.

My opinion of NERO is low.

Terry :mad:

p.s.> Thanks for all the advice. I was hoping to get a "Dummies" book on video making. :)

I have found it difficult to find satisfactory video editing software. There seems to be a lot of buggy junk on the market. :(

Hi Everyone,

I went to Radio Shack and bought me a 500 GB external hard drive. I will be backing up my desktop and on the way back I stopped at Hastings.

Would you believe, NOT a single book on DVD recording. I was sort of looking forward to reading about DVD's and how they operated, etc......

Think I will take the above advice and go search You Tube.

Terry

If they continued the method used for CD's, the step where a title can be added is not obvious.

Memory says it is allowed in this sequence. (I fired up the damn bill gates PC to review the howto file I made long ago.)

Assume you chose to do the Data.

You see the pane that allows you to transfer the files you want to copy.

Near its top, you will see: My Disc. You cannot change that at this step.

When you have the files listed in the space for them and are ready to burn, choose the command Next.

The pane you see will allow you to replace the My Disc with the title of your choice.

This is, for the CD's, the ONLY PLACE you are allowed to choose that this will be a multidisk (multiple sessions...okay for CD's but that damn bill gates does not allow multisessions for DVD's!!...on mine.)

Note that, on my version, the damn bill gates PC will allow only 16 letters for the title.

Once you have selected and put in your title choice, do Burn.

Nothing of the directions ever told me these things. I had to learn by trying things and throwing away CD's.

Neal

For anything relating to video, and I mean ANYTHING, I use Corel Video Studeo.
Intuitive user interface, nice look and feel, logical arrangement. And the power!
Import from device (camera), import from other DVDs. Will use any movie format (MPG, MOV, etc)
Most useful and flexible editing function I have seen. Allows the addition of multiple levels of titles, overlays and sound. Interface switches from timeline to storyboard format at will.
Outputs anything from DVD to youtube. Output details are saved with project for future use.
Smart Package option allows archiving completed projects.

Back