Neighborhood drug watch N/A

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Anyone here with knowledge of the telltale signs of a drug house? I'm thinking there would be a "10 indications your new neighbor is a drug supplier" pamphlet, or some such thing.

A new family moved in down the way. There are certain things which seem suspicous but nothing really which could be hard evidence. Things like a significant increase in vehicular traffic coincidental to the move in date; unknown persons on foot coming and going at all hours of the night; unknown persons parking their vehicle quite a ways away from the house, walking to the house, and then leaving 10-30 minutes later, often at late night hours.

Much of the vehicle traffic is 'drive by', that is, they don't stop but do slow down and look as they drive by the house in question. We are on a dead end road so it's real easy to tell if these persons are unfamiliar, ie, unknown, to this area since it is only a person who doesn't know that this road deadends in an ag field who drives to the very end to make a U-turn.

Also, everyone on our road knows each other quite well and interacts often. This family no one has yet met and the two times I stopped by to introduce myself with treats for the kids no one came to the door even though I know someone was in there. Another neighbor had much the same experience.

I got a really funny story about this

We had new neighbor several years ago that had a somewhat similar "drug house" pattern. Eventually, though, they stopped by after a nasty storm to help remove fallen trees and we got to know them. Very nice couple in their early fifties. But the parked cars and rather, well, interesting looking and dressed visitors kept coming. My wife thought maybe there where having AA or religious meeting. I thought maybe drugs

Finally we asked them what was with all the cars and late night visits.

Anyone care to guess what the reason was? Two hints, it was almost always couples and everyone look happy when they left.

pull your pants down to your hips, pull your underwear up to your waist, put your ball cap on backwards, slouch-walk over there and say "Yo, dudes! Sup?"

corjulo said:
I got a really funny story about this

We had new neighbor several years ago that had a somewhat similar "drug house" pattern. Eventually, though, they stopped by after a nasty storm to help remove fallen trees and we got to know them. Very nice couple in their early fifties. But the parked cars and rather, well, interesting looking and dressed visitors kept coming. My wife thought maybe there where having AA or religious meeting. I thought maybe drugs

Finally we asked them what was with all the cars and late night visits.

Anyone care to guess what the reason was? Two hints, it was almost always couples and everyone look happy when they left.

I'm guessing a swingers party?

I have a similar issue. Two houses up from my parents house lives my ex-girlfriend. Its a bad idea to date someone who lives that close anyways, but it turns out there was more bad news associated with it.

She is, for lack of a better term, a very loose moraled woman. While we dated, I'm pretty sure that she was loyal, but after we broke up, I saw a different person entering through her window every night, and the noises coming from the house definitely suggested something carnal going on.

Turns out she'd slept with almost all of my friends at some point in her life. She also turned up at like every party I ever went to when I was younger, and at some point dissappeard with many different boys during the party.

After I made the mistake of saying some mean things about her to someone she knew very well, she starting doing some unmentionable things to the windshield of my truck, stuff that I had to clean up and she denied later (even though I saw her do it once).

Then she broke into our house for the sole purpose of writing her birthday on my calendar and stealing my parents liquor. BAH!!!

edit: forgot to mention that we dated when I was 14. She lied about her age and is actually much younger than she claims.

Richard said:
Anyone here with knowledge of the telltale signs of a drug house? I'm thinking there would be a "10 indications your new neighbor is a drug supplier" pamphlet, or some such thing.

A new family moved in down the way. There are certain things which seem suspicous but nothing really which could be hard evidence. Things like a significant increase in vehicular traffic coincidental to the move in date; unknown persons on foot coming and going at all hours of the night; unknown persons parking their vehicle quite a ways away from the house, walking to the house, and then leaving 10-30 minutes later, often at late night hours.

Much of the vehicle traffic is 'drive by', that is, they don't stop but do slow down and look as they drive by the house in question. We are on a dead end road so it's real easy to tell if these persons are unfamiliar, ie, unknown, to this area since it is only a person who doesn't know that this road deadends in an ag field who drives to the very end to make a U-turn.

Also, everyone on our road knows each other quite well and interacts often. This family no one has yet met and the two times I stopped by to introduce myself with treats for the kids no one came to the door even though I know someone was in there. Another neighbor had much the same experience.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, must be a duck!

Get a "light bar" made up for on top of your car (even a cardboard one would likely do!) ... that ought to cut down on the traffic. ;-)

Richard said:

NickDBrennan said:
I'm guessing a swingers party?

I have a similar issue. Two houses up from my parents house lives my ex-girlfriend. Its a bad idea to date someone who lives that close anyways, but it turns out there was more bad news associated with it.

She is, for lack of a better term, a very loose moraled woman. While we dated, I'm pretty sure that she was loyal, but after we broke up, I saw a different person entering through her window every night, and the noises coming from the house definitely suggested something carnal going on.

Turns out she'd slept with almost all of my friends at some point in her life. She also turned up at like every party I ever went to when I was younger, and at some point dissappeard with many different boys during the party.

After I made the mistake of saying some mean things about her to someone she knew very well, she starting doing some unmentionable things to the windshield of my truck, stuff that I had to clean up and she denied later (even though I saw her do it once).

Then she broke into our house for the sole purpose of writing her birthday on my calendar and stealing my parents liquor. BAH!!!

edit: forgot to mention that we dated when I was 14. She lied about her age and is actually much younger than she claims.

Bingo!!! Only difference is these people where really very nice. Other then the parties they were perfect neighbors.

Last edited:
Richard, that happened here earlier this year, (See the dead bunnies thread) exact same sitiation with traffic and tons of cars. plus the tennants didnt seem to want to keep the place looking nice, so all the neighbors here had a meeting and the local sherrif was present. we talked about our concerns with the tennents of the suspected house and within a month they had swat visit them at 6am..lots of arrests, and no more bad neighbors.

Well...

After I left college, I got a 3 bedroom house (rented) on a quiet street in a small town. I lived there with one friend, and we had people over all the time. We all worked in .com's, worked crazy hours, and came and went at all hours of the night. It wasn't uncommon for us to be sitting in the backyard, grilling hamburgers, and writing code sitting in our Adirondack chairs at 4:30AM. People came and went, at all hours, and all of our neighbors thought we were dealing drugs.

Nope, just nerds with computers and too much disposable income...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Should be easy enough to find out what's going on. Write down a few license tag numbers from those cars coming and going at all hours. Supply your local law enforcement officer with those numbers. If you have a lot of cars with owners with drug arrest histories (or active warrants for the same), it doesn't take a giant leap to figure you've got a local drug supplier living next door. Your area beat cop could score some points with the narcotics unit for developing enough PC for them to go have a "chat" with the residents.

Back