Negotiating repairs with seller after prebuy

Agree private seller best case. I'm talking to few guys now with nice Bos at good price.

$5 solution

I am big fan of liens. I have to file hundreds each year in my line of work. I had a lien hold up one of my airplane purchases it was a $10 landing fee from 3 years ago that was unpaid.

I negotiated it to zero with a phone call and a promise to pay it if I ever landed there again. Point is that it stopped the title transfer cold until I got it released.

The FAA lien process is surprisingly simple and straightforward. If you provided(paid) for inspections, repairs, labor, or parts for a plane and you were to be reimbursed for it you have a great claim. Even if you didn't you can always make that argument.

File the claim DO NOT warn them or threaten them with claim, just do it. You are not breaking any laws by retaining your right to claim. Once claim is filed no legal title transfers can happen until it is paid.

I would get real intractable about it, they will call. Like treble damages intractable.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certif...ation/aircraft_registry/record_aircraft_lien/

He's claiming misrepresentation. Airworthy as offered for sale, but not close to airworthy as inspected. This is where the contract deals get important. One small note like 'subject to buyers verification' in the contract the broker made him sign, and it's all done.

My contact with my seller said that if my prebuy found anything that affected the airworthiness or value of the airplane, and the seller chose not to fix it (or offset the price), that he would have to cover the cost of my prebuy.

I'm not a lawyer but to me when an aircraft us advertised as well maintained and the prebuy reveals 60+ airworthy squawks that's just plain shameful on the seller and brokers part as misrepresentation.
Just because it says airworthiness doesn't mean it really is... You should have seen the squawk list on my last annual. While I had everything resolved, a fair few things you may consider a problem weren't really problems. And that was only 4 pages ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Well according to the Beechcraft IA at Waypoint these are legit airworthy squawks and I trust these guys as they are one of the best Bonanza shops on the west coast and won the ABS center of excellence award. To be honest the plane is a POS and falling apart.

...Time to move on and close this thread...

Whatever happened to this idea? I think you've called the plane a POS about a dozen times now and your beginning to sound like you're on Waypoint's payroll. I think it's past time to let this go and put it behind you.

I really thought some one would have said " Bo's are a POS when new" by now.

You know some had to say it.

The next Ben is in the house.

That's what I thought too when I read that statement. It even reads the same as what he would write.

To be honest the plane is a POS and falling apart.

So why did you bother having a prebuy done on it if that's what you think of the plane? Did you even bother to look at it first? You ought to be able to get a feel on whether it is worth pursuing a prebuy on by having a simple look at it.

So why did you bother having a prebuy done on it if that's what you think of the plane? Did you even bother to look at it first? You ought to be able to get a feel on whether it is worth pursuing a prebuy on by having a simple look at it.

Hey, let's stop mudwrestling with the pig. You get all dirty and the pig likes it.

Jim

Quote.
These discrepancies must be repaired prior to my buying the aircraft.

When they say no. tell them to have a nice day.

This.

We found a bunch of minor stuff plus one major engine problem during my pre-buy. We sent the airplane back and had to walk away. The seller came back to us later and offered to do the repairs at the shop we wanted. They had had that airplane on the market a long time and just needed to get it sold. So they did all the repairs at their own expense and we closed the deal for the originally-agreed price about 4 months later after my mechanic verified the paperwork and repairs.

I walked away and in spite of the pre buy cost, I am glad that I did. I don't want to buy a plane then spend 20k and have it sit in a shop for repairs the day I buy it. The point is to find one is decent condition so that you can actually pick it up and fly it home!

Back