Negative rep hit, Democrats, and the military [na]

Status
Not open for further replies.

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
This from a negative rep hit:

"Not a helpful post in any way - democrats may not like the military, but I've never heard them defame honored veterans. This sounds surprisingly like a troll post."

I really think this deserves a reply, and I have no other way to do so. First, calling me a troll is uncalled for, undeserved, and untrue. I expressed my opinions, I did so openly, and you could have disputed them if you wished. That's called a discussion, not trolling. You, OTOH, were clearly trolling with your little attack. Well, here's your bite.

I have cited real world examples of leftists defaming honored veterans, unless you don't feel comparing them to Saddam Hussein is defamation. The incident I mentioned took place in the the office, and two folks said it. They seemed perturbed that someone may actually disagree with such a repugnant viewpoint. Further, we don't even have to go back as far as Vietnam, when veterans were being spit on, to find other examples of leftists defaming our honored veterans. I refer you to Ted Rall. A radical leftist well known for the low opinion he holds of the military. He went so far as to call Pat Tillman an idiot for getting killed, and he did so in the hundreds of liberal newspapers his trash is run in. None of them dropped him, there was no repudiation of his statements from those of you on the left. He is embraced, and as popular as ever. Of course, I suppose it's possible you consider Pat Tillman and others killed in the service of our country idiots, and therefore do not consider such comments as "defaming our honored veterans." Obviously, I disagree with you if that is the case. Pat Tillman was the tragic victim of friendly fire, but a man making millions who walks away from a dream life to defend our nation, only to fall in combat, hardly deserves the slur of being called an idiot.

I would suggest you take a Reading 101 course. At no time did I make a blanket claim that Democrats were engaged in such activities. In fact, I said that Democrats are turning their backs on their own party in increasing numbers because of the activities the leftist radicals have engaged in, to include "defaming our honored veterans." This is a point that was clarified more than half a day before you made your little attack, so I can hardly imagine how there is any confusion.

Ahhhh well. In the long run I don't suppose it matters. Not the first bad hit I get, won't be the last. I must be doing something right, since I have more positive rep points than anyone else here. I just thought your hit deserved comment.

I am happy to say I've never delivered a negative rep. point. I haven't even figured out how to do that.... :)

bbchien said:
I am happy to say I've never delivered a negative rep. point. I haven't even figured out how to do that.... :)

I've delivered both, depending on what I thought of a post. I'm not complaining about a negative rep hit. It's certainly not the first one I've received. I just thought this one deserved comment.

Joe Williams said:
I've delivered both, depending on what I thought of a post. I'm not complaining about a negative rep hit. It's certainly not the first one I've received. I just thought this one deserved comment.

Wasn't me either, but this sure sounds like a whine about a negative rep hit.

Of course, this is why I don't like not being able to reply to negative feedback directly, I got one for using a term I first heard on CNN...apparently I was spewing hate speech.

:dunno:

SJP said:
Wasn't me either, but this sure sounds like a whine about a negative rep hit.

snip

:dunno:

That's the second time today you've engaged in what I see as personal attacks directed at me.

I thought you were one of the "civilized" crowd who didn't do that sort of thing. In any case, I'm not going to tolerate continued personal attacks without response. If you want to address the issues I posted, then do so. If you don't, then don't. In either case, grow up.

Joe - I'm sorry - I usually post my initials next to the feedback (after the suggestion I saw a while back to do that), but I failed to do so this time. The main reason I hit it with the troll statement is this:

Joe Williams said:
The problem for the Democrats is that they've allowed people not a lot different than this guy to speak for them, and that is why their own party members across the nation abandoned them during the last few election cycles. With Dean at the helm, I don't see things changing much.

I don't want to start a big fight, because you and I share many of the same beliefs - actually....almost all. But I like this board, and the last thing I wanted was to see a whole bunch of fighting break out like at the other board - and this post smells very strongly like a punch in the face to democrats, with the sole purpose of getting them to return with a personal attack in similar fashion.

Whether or not it was intended that way - its how it came off to me, and as such - I used the reputation system. My belief is that its supposed to be used that way. If it had a neutral rating, I'd have used it instead. I only posted the reputation to avoid calling you out in public, because it would have caused a fight that I don't intend to fight.

NickDBrennan said:
Whether or not it was intended that way - its how it came off to me, and as such - I used the reputation system. My belief is that its supposed to be used that way. If it had a neutral rating, I'd have used it instead. I only posted the reputation to avoid calling you out in public, because it would have caused a fight that I don't intend to fight.

You can use it any way you want, and express your views as you deem appropriate. I felt the issues deserved further comment, and there is nowhere else to make them.

I have to agree with Nick. Occationally, one of your posts will generate controversy. You probably know this and post it anyway. As Nick said, I agree with you most times.
What we all need to remember is how the message comes across. Read it as if someone else wrote it or if you were reading someone else's post. I know this because I work in a world of electronic communications and often find myself reading and writing messages many times. Sometimes, cancelling the message is a MUCH better idea.
Read what you write. And do not always look for a fight. It's sometimes better to just walk away.

Joe Williams said:
That's the second time today you've engaged in what I see as personal attacks directed at me.

I thought you were one of the "civilized" crowd who didn't do that sort of thing. In any case, I'm not going to tolerate continued personal attacks without response. If you want to address the issues I posted, then do so. If you don't, then don't. In either case, grow up.

Excuse me !!! Personal attack ?

I simply commented on the fact that I thought your posted sounded very much like a whine. If that constitutes a personal attack, then I think you need to grow a thicker skin.

Oh, and sure, this one earns a negative.

But I like this board, and the last thing I wanted was to see a whole bunch of fighting break out like at the other board

Neither do I, and this thread is headed down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back