Need Used Hand-Held Aircraft Microphone

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
I run the "informal" after-hours Unicom "helper" as I live a rocks-throw from the airport. My old hand mic for the base station has just joined the pile of can't-fix-ums. Something down deep in the bowels and Telex ain't handing out service literature.

Got lots of stuff to swap besides green pictures of old dead politicians. Anybody want to help out this effort and what do you need to swap?

Jim

I was kinda hoping to get some of my treasure trove of aircraft parts to swap for an old microphone in any physical shape so long as it was electrically sound.

Thanks,

Jim

Got just what you need....

mike.jpg

Might have to hit it on the counter a few times, and get Andy Griffiths to spit in it, but no doubt the old-radio guys will be impressed.

Ron Wanttaja

What type of plug do you need for the mic? I may have one laying around.

Got just what you need....

mike.jpg

Might have to hit it on the counter a few times, and get Andy Griffiths to spit in it, but no doubt the old-radio guys will be impressed.

Ron Wanttaja
My Lord, does it have Lindy's fingerprints on it? I have NO idea any more where to steal a carbon button if that one goes south; there wasn't a pay phone in San Diego that was safe while I was growing up.

Jim

Well I found two mic's, one is from an old single plug out of my plane, the other is a CB radio microphone I had laying around. The one out of my plane (I don't need anymore) is at the airport, I only know I have it because I seen it while cleaning out a box. The CB mic I found in my furnace room. I haven't used it in at least 10 years.

Well I found two mic's, one is from an old single plug out of my plane, the other is a CB radio microphone I had laying around. The one out of my plane (I don't need anymore) is at the airport, I only know I have it because I seen it while cleaning out a box. The CB mic I found in my furnace room. I haven't used it in at least 10 years.
The CB mic is an UNamplified dynamic that is NOT compatible with aircraft. Aircraft use AMPLIFIED dynamic (or electret) that mimic the old carbon microphones we started with some hundred years ago and can't seem to shake loose of.

When you find it, and if it works, what would you like to swap it for?

Jim

The CB mic is an UNamplified dynamic that is NOT compatible with aircraft. Aircraft use AMPLIFIED dynamic (or electret) that mimic the old carbon microphones we started with some hundred years ago and can't seem to shake loose of.

When you find it, and if it works, what would you like to swap it for?

Reminds me, I got a computer for my wife last year. Best swap I ever made :cheerswine:

Jim

Cool. I went to Ebay to see if I could find any 56T microphones to get an idea of worth. I could find the predecessor to the ’56 which was the 38T. They are going for anywhere from $15 to $40. I found a few 66T and they were between $40 and $100. I suspect the true value of the ’56 is in this ballpark.

I’ll be happy to up-front the postage via PayPal and you can put a later value on the microphone so that down the road when you need something we have a data point to work from..

The picture looks exactly like what I need to do the after-hours Unicom.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,
Jim

"Scientists investigate that which already is; engineers create that which has never been" A. Einstein

Cool. I went to Ebay to see if I could find any 56T microphones to get an idea of worth. I could find the predecessor to the ’56 which was the 38T. They are going for anywhere from $15 to $40. I found a few 66T and they were between $40 and $100. I suspect the true value of the ’56 is in this ballpark.

I’ll be happy to up-front the postage via PayPal and you can put a later value on the microphone so that down the road when you need something we have a data point to work from..

The picture looks exactly like what I need to do the after-hours Unicom.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,
Jim

"Scientists investigate that which already is; engineers create that which has never been" A. Einstein

Jim... I’m sure I have one. You can have it for free. Send me your email and I’ll send you pics. You pick the one that you want and I’ll send it to you... my donation.

Jim... I’m sure I have one. You can have it for free. Send me your email and I’ll send you pics. You pick the one that you want and I’ll send it to you... my donation.
Randy, I really appreciate that, but Joey has already sent me one. You are a good guy for offering, but I don't need two.

THanks for the thought ...

Jim

Back