Need TSA advice

N6399A

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N6399A
Hey guys.............. I have a customer in my store right now that is from CA and wants to know if she buys sterilized hemp seed for her bird if she's going to get in trouble when she tries to get on the airplane to go home. Any ideas? BTW .... the bag does not indicate that the seed is sterile.

yea, even if it is OK to carry on, it will probably take a LOT of unnecessary and unwanted questioning to get through.

yea, even if it is OK to carry on, it will probably take a LOT of unnecessary and unwanted questioning to get through.
Amen. The very last thing you want is for the high-school educated (?) TSA moron to wonder if your bag of seed is legal. It will take them a very long, uncomfortable (for you) time to make the determination, and that alone could make you miss the flight.

I second (third, whatever) the FedEx idea.

-Skip

I place another vote for the "mail it" idea whether FedEx, UPS, or whatever. I sometimes get samples from customers and shipping it is so much easier than the whole TSA thing.

TSA won't make the determination. They will, upon seeing any kind of object they deem suspicious, call in the Police. That's where she takes her chances.

Easier to ship it.

Back