Need to Fly Again - Seminole, TX

JaxOli

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
I've recently moved from Maryland (KFDK) to Seminole, TX (KGNC is the local airport). Along with my move I've started a new career, so I've been very busy getting the training needed for the job and learning all I can. However, lost in this process is my flying. I miss it and am having withdrawl pains.

If anyone knows where I can find someone to ride along with or rent a plane our there in west Texas, I'd appreciate you letting me know. KGNC only has rentals for flying lessons - not joy rides or cross country hops.

Thanks for your advice and input!!!

Jack
PP-ASEL

It looks like there is a Soaring Society of America in Hobbs, NM. Gliding would be inexpensive and perhaps they may know of some flying clubs or individuals around.

KGNC only has rentals for flying lessons - not joy rides or cross country hops.

What on earth do their students do after they get their tickets? :dunno: What a terrible way to run a business. :(

Good luck finding something... Sorry I can't be of any help.

What on earth do their students do after they get their tickets? :dunno: What a terrible way to run a business. :(

Unless they are fully booked for instuction operations and other than some of the puppy mills what operation can say that?

Who did you talk to that said they wouldn't rent their airplanes afterward? Did you call the school directly or hear this by word of mouth?

Also make sure to get an instructor on the phone--do not settle for the front desk girl--I've heard them say many things that are completely inaccurate regarding flight training.

Back