Need to ask a friend...

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Perhaps @Anymouse might be able to ask his friend something. His friend owes as a few favors.

A cursory Internet search shows that there are airlines that fly from Dubai to Kandahar. Yet, try to find an actual flight available to book, and no joy.

Is commercial flight to Kandahar actually a thing?

Why? Did you meet a woman over there?

Yeah you can fly to Kandahar International. You might have to fly into Kabul first and get a connecting flight. There’s a few Afghan airlines that serve the area.

Kandahar sucks though. I’d much rather vacation in Kabul this time of year.
;)
http://kandaharinternationalairport.com/#

From the link above;

Kandahar International is the only airport in the country which operate 24/7 and its services are available on three local afghan airlines (Ariana, Kam Air and Safi) plus one additional Iranian airline (Aseman) with flights to Kabul, Dubai, Iran and India

I'm guessing a lot of the online booking sites don't do Iranian airlines like Aseman

Yeah you can fly to Kandahar International. You might have to fly into Kabul first and get a connecting flight. There’s a few Afghan airlines that serve the area.

Kandahar sucks though. I’d much rather vacation in Kabul this time of year.
;)
http://kandaharinternationalairport.com/#

I saw that, but their website hasn't been updated since 2015 and if you go to the links, they don't seem to pan out. I certainly can't seem to find tickets on the Internet.

I'm just trying to figure out if I can rule out average citizens flying in to there on a whim. I'm sure the... 'contractors' have their own company flights that go there.

From the link above;

Kandahar International is the only airport in the country which operate 24/7 and its services are available on three local afghan airlines (Ariana, Kam Air and Safi) plus one additional Iranian airline (Aseman) with flights to Kabul, Dubai, Iran and India

I'm guessing a lot of the online booking sites don't do Iranian airlines like Aseman

Yeah maybe not.

Naw, he prolly saw a woman FROM there. :devil: I'm just confused how Dubai comes into play . . . .

It seems to be one of the more innocuous connecting points that one might use to get there.

That is a Scottish thing. New Zealand is a Scotsman's sex tourism destination.

As a scot, ouch.
Guess that’s what those Velcro gloves where fore lol

I'm pretty sure most of the direct flights only happen during the Haj. For the most part, you'll need to fly a local airline (I suggest Kam Air) in Kabul, then transfer to another flight.

DFS flies direct into there on a routine basis, however that's under a military contract so you'll need to present a CAC card to get on.

Back