Need some help between Council Bluffs / Omaha and Denver

aranpura

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ash
Dear all,

I'm posting on behalf of my sister, who is in a bit of a fix. I'd like to find someone who might be able to offer transportation, advice, or contacts anywhere between Council Bluffs / Omaha and Denver.

Janaki is a puppeteer, and has embarked on an 8 week bicycle journey from Minneapolis to San Jose as part of an art project called the "Egg and Sperm Ride." This is a really cool project that involves my sister cycling along in a pop-up theatre, and creating shadow puppet plays for strangers along the way. You can read more about the project on her website at http://www.eggandspermride.org.

The trouble is that her bike, a brand new trike recumbent, was mis-assembled in Minneapolis and has been giving her nothing but problems. She's way behind schedule and needs some help catching up. She's in Council Bluffs as I write this, and I think she has about 2 weeks to get to Denver, CO to catch a flight back to Minneapolis. She's going to finish a project in MN, then carry on with the bicycle trip from Denver again.

I thought I'd post here to find out if anyone has a pick-up truck or mid-sized airplane and could help get her a little closer to Denver. The recumbent trike is pretty big, and the frame doesn't collapse -- from the description, I think it would need a C-210 or a Cherokee Six at the least.

I'm happy to help with costs for gas, etc., so please get in touch if you're in the region and think you could help her out!

Thanks a lot,

-Ash.

Janaki is a puppeteer, and has embarked on an 8 week bicycle journey from Minneapolis to San Jose as part of an art project called the "Egg and Sperm Ride."

That is all I had to read. I think there are regulations regarding this type of stuff. FAA, TSA, AYA, etc.

:)

Back