Need recommendation for good GA airport near Greensboro NC

WWFeldman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WWFeldman
I accepted a temporary (2 to 3 years) assigment near Greensboro. It's a 7.5 hour drive from my home, but a little over 2 hour flight. I need a good GA airport hopefully with a good flying community/EAA chapter. Anybody live/familiar with that area?

What part of Greensboro? It's large enough that it matters. If you're to the west, either KINT-Smith Reynolds in Winston Salem or KGSO-Greensboro might work, if you're on the east side, maybe KBUY-Burlington. Unless you're right next to an airport, you'll need a car.

Air Harbor is 25' narrow asphalt, 40' turf. Not my choice.

not sure there are other options.

What part of Greensboro? It's large enough that it matters. If you're to the west, either KINT-Smith Reynolds in Winston Salem or KGSO-Greensboro might work, if you're on the east side, maybe KBUY-Burlington. Unless you're right next to an airport, you'll need a car.

Air Harbor is 25' narrow asphalt, 40' turf. Not my choice.

not sure there are other options.
Probably going to be living on the north side, but working southeast of there around Liberty. Going to be living there, so I'll have a car. Just flying home every other weekend or so.

I fly down to KBUY when I visit family in McLeansville. Skysouth is nice but pricy. KBUY is a good well maintained airport.

Look at Causey too...

KBUY really is a cool place as others have said...

Back