Need one-way ride to SnF from the NE

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
hpl
I would like to know if anyone from the NE (NY, CT, NJ, MA) plan to fly to SnF and has an extra seat.

Due to weather we had not flown our Sportsman which was built last October from Arlington WA to NY. Glasair asked us to show N307HL at SnF so I will fly it from FL to NY after the show.

I could book an one-way commercial ticket but would be a lot more fun to get there in a small plane.

Thank you in advance.

Hai Longworth
CP-ASEL-IA

I got a ride offer from Arnold but unfortunately Lancaster airport was a bit too far from Poughkeepsie. With gas and airline ticket prices going up everyday, I decided to purchase an one way commercial ticket today from White Plains to Tampa Bay. It is cheaper to fly from White Plains to Orlando but the saving is offset by the higher car rental cost and further driving distance to Lakeland.

I also booked a hotel room for $49/night in Lakeland area through priceline. It was interesting to note that the same hotel showed no available rooms on the same dates when I was trying to book from other travel sites.

I am looking forward to seeing N307HL and fly her back to New York.

If you will be at SnF and have some free time, you can swing by Glasair display area to check out our Sportsman and its all glass panel (dual Garmin G3X + backup Dynon D10A). It is the white one with steel blue/silver gray stripes.

Hai Longworth

I also booked a hotel room for $49/night in Lakeland area through priceline. It was interesting to note that the same hotel showed no available rooms on the same dates when I was trying to book from other travel sites.

Which hotel if you don't mind me asking?
We are looking for something nice and close for Saturday night.

Holiday Palm Inn. It gets mixed reviews at trip advisor. The most recent ones with one very positive on Feb 23, 10 and one very negative on April 17, 10. The pictures look fine and the amenities are good so I decided to take a chance. If it is as bad as the negative review, I will just drive to Winter Haven area and look for another hotel.

"This downtown Lakeland, Florida hotel offers an outdoor pool and rooms with a microwave and refrigerator.
Holiday Palm Inn guest rooms are furnished with a work desk and a lounge chair. Each includes cable TV with free movie channels and free Wi-Fi."

FWIW, the Holiday Palm Inn is the former Days Inn. Not far from Lake Parker.

Back