Need new medical -- treated for hypertension

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I need a new medical (3rd class) next month, and just want to make sure that I have all the bases covered.

I have hypertension controlled with Prinivil 20 mg and Norvasc 10 mg. This was previously reported to the FAA in my last two medicals.

My cholesterol was high so a few months ago my physician substituted Caduet 10/20 mg for the Norvasc. I will need to report that change on this next medical.

In terms of preparing for the exam, what documentation do I need to bring with me? Last time, if I recall correctly, I brought:

1. Letter from my doctor with the last three BP readings, and stating that there were no side effects and that the hypertension was under control.

2. Signed copy of latest EKG.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to get a new EKG done? If the answer is no, do I need to provide another copy of the old one?

2. With the change in medication, do I need to bring lab work or anything else?

If you're an AOPA member, check out their Hypertension Medical Subject Report.

I'm pretty certain that you'll need some blood test results too, specifically: "A laboratory report of fasting plasma glucose, blood lipids, including total cholesterol, HDL and LDL, triglycerides. If diuretics are being taken, potassium and creatinine levels are also required."

inav8r said:

I'm pretty certain that you'll need some blood test results too, specifically: "A laboratory report of fasting plasma glucose, blood lipids, including total cholesterol, HDL and LDL, triglycerides. If diuretics are being taken, potassium and creatinine levels are also required."
Bob, Mike's got it exactly right. :)

inav8r said:

Thanks. I pulled down a copy of the report.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back