Need Maine info...

CT Arrow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Adios!
Heading to New Hampshire in a few weeks for a wedding. Looking to disappear for 2-3 days to Maine. Any suggestions for a coastal inn or B&B? Thanks in advance!

Heading to New Hampshire in a few weeks for a wedding. Looking to disappear for 2-3 days to Maine. Any suggestions for a coastal inn or B&B? Thanks in advance!

Georgetown, Maine: Grey Havens Inn. Not inexpensive, but gorgeous, overlooking the ocean. Richard and Eve had a B & B in Kennebunk, Maine. They bought Grey Havens, have redone every room in the building which was built in or around 1904 by Walter Reid, he having given property to State of Maine in memory of his parents. The donated land became Reid State Park, Maine's first state-owned salt water state park. I'll look for a picture(and their website) AFTER this post. This is about four miles south of my house; and my house is 12.5sm from my hangar at Wiscasset KIWI(Enterprise rental cars are available).

HR

The follow-up:
Here's a photo from my book. Be right back as soon as I find the page.
Back: Here are pages 6 and 7. Page 6 is from directly overhead Sheepscot Bay Boat Company facilities, another 2 or 3 miles from Grey Havens Inn(at which the dining room is directly behind the flag pole(and just to the right of the entrance). Another photo I took while I was visiting Grey Havens for dinner.

http://www.greyhavens.com/ If you call them, tell Eve that "Lawreston" referred you. Those "tower" rooms at the corners are my favorites.

HR
Photo #3 = Back and Front covers of my book(which is available at Grey Havens).

Attachments

• Georgetown Five Islands Page 6and7.jpg.png
    Georgetown Five Islands Page 6and7.jpg.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC09023 (1).JPG
    9.7 MB · Views: 13
  • Georgetown Five Islands Back and Front Covers.jpg
    Georgetown Five Islands Back and Front Covers.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
wow! Harley thanks for the quick response! Goregous property! I gave all of the info to the First officer and she is working on it!!

Hey Harley,

Grey Havens worked out great! Two nights booked and we are looking forward to a lobster dinner at 5 islands lobster company.

We opted to drive due to the logistics and the ground we need to cover. We will have a gorgeous drive through New Hampshire Friday and Saturday and in Maine till Tuesday.
If your around on Sunday or Monday and want to meet up, shoot me an email:
Ctarrow@gmail.com. Thanks again!

Andy

I'll shoot an email in a moment. My W/E and Monday can be wide open. I'll email my cell #. With this post are a few shots I've done of Grey Haven's dining room and bar area. They were barely open then; might have been just before they initially opened, after all the renovation.

HR

Attachments

• DSC00937.JPG
    10.9 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC08495.JPG
    18.8 MB · Views: 7
  • DSC00940.JPG
    11.9 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC08498.JPG
    16.7 MB · Views: 1
I'll shoot an email in a moment. My W/E and Monday can be wide open. I'll email my cell #. With this post are a few shots I've done of Grey Haven's dining room and bar area. They were barely open then; might have been just before they initially opened, after all the renovation.

HR

Great shots! Got everything else.

Back