Need lawyer in OK

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Our grandson's father and step mother are taking steps to get an injunction (?) to prevent us from seeing our grandson because we are "weird". Need an effective lawyer to quash this nonsense in Oklahoma. Can you recommend anyone?

No offense intended in any way, shape or form, but it really sounds like everyone could make better use of counseling. Anybody can run into a situation where they need a bit of help. And lawyers can be a bit adversarial in nature.

My 0.00002 AMUs worth. Don't really know anybody in OK. Good luck.

Provide location in OK

Its the normal ones you need to worry about. Spike is closest to OK. He is correct you will need to provide him with a town in OK where the injunction is being filed.

Best of luck with this Peg!

Can't trust those normal people at all. Power to the weird!

Good luck!

-Rich

Peggy,

If Spike can't direct you to someone he knows, have a look at the Oklahoma Bar Association website. That will at least give you some names to start with.

With no offense intended, be prepared for a bunch of slurs against your character.

Good luck.

Peggy,

If Spike can't direct you to someone he knows, have a look at the Oklahoma Bar Association website. That will at least give you some names to start with.

With no offense intended, be prepared for a bunch of slurs against your character.

Good luck.
Any examples?

You are going to sue your son for access to a grandkid? Ridiculous. MYOB. If the kid is truly at risk call child services otherwise the parents get to pick who their kid spends time with.

Dude . . .
You are going to sue your son for access to a grandkid? Ridiculous. MYOB. If the kid is truly at risk call child services otherwise the parents get to pick who their kid spends time with.

To some degree I agree with the sentiment. That's why I timorously suggested that some counseling might be more appropriate. One of my friends is not on speaking terms with her son, and she can't see her grandchildren. I am not aware of a legal remedy to her dilemma. I suspect that lawsuits would have a pejorative effect on the situation.

Again, best of luck to the OP with her situation. I am truly trying to be constructive, and do not intend any sort of insult. My apologies that I don't have more constructive input to the immediate question.

Has she said in any posts that her grandson's father is her son?

To some degree I agree with the sentiment. That's why I timorously suggested that some counseling might be more appropriate. One of my friends is not on speaking terms with her son, and she can't see her grandchildren. I am not aware of a legal remedy to her dilemma. I suspect that lawsuits would have a pejorative effect on the situation.

Again, best of luck to the OP with her situation. I am truly trying to be constructive, and do not intend any sort of insult. My apologies that I don't have more constructive input to the immediate question.

Read the post again that is not at all what is happening.

My bad. I get it the father is not the son of the shunned grandparents. That shifts the presumed douchebaggery to the grandkids father and stepmother. That is a tough one, still not convinced the courts are the right place for this though.
Read the post again that is not at all what is happening.

My bad. I get it the father is not the son of the shunned grandparents. That shifts the presumed douchebaggery to the grandkids father and stepmother. That is a tough one, still not convinced the courts are the right place for this though.
May not be the "right place" in your opinion, but it may be the only option left. I'm guessing this is a last resort.

Sounds like the parent/step-parent have already taken this to the courts or are about to. I suspect that Aunt Peggy already understands that this is gonna suck no matter how it comes out but is hoping to find a way to make the best of it. In any case I don't believe she's asked for any "help" from the peanut gallery here other than to recommend an attorney. Seems kinda pointless to offer advice/opinions on a situation we know practically nothing about.

Last edited:
...and again, Lance wins the common-sense prize.

Sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope all of the adults can come to terms with minimal impact on the child.

...and again, Lance wins the common-sense prize.

I've observed Lance to excel in the field of common sense. So, it is only logical for this to be a repeating occurrence. :)

Sounds like the parent/step-parent have already taken this to the courts or are about to. I suspect that Aunt Peggy already understands that this is gonna suck no matter how it comes out but is hoping to find a way to make the best of it. In any case I don't believe she's asked for any "help" from the peanut gallery here other than to recommend an attorney. Seems kinda pointless to offer advice/opinions on a situation we know practically nothing about.
word

(To use a word I have recently learned about.):crazy:

If one is shy about receiving advice/opinions the internet might be the wrong place to go eh?
I'm sure the OP is a great person, however I hate to see the courts create any right of visitation to grandparents. That is a terrible terrible idea. Sometimes life sucks, running to the courts for nannystate relief just makes it worse for the next person.

If one is shy about receiving advice/opinions the internet might be the wrong place to go eh?
I'm sure the OP is a great person, however I hate to see the courts create any right of visitation to grandparents. That is a terrible terrible idea. Sometimes life sucks, running to the courts for nannystate relief just makes it worse for the next person.

Parents also don't always know what's best for their kids, and will frequently make decisions to spite someone else, rather than in the best interest of the kids.

I agree with Lance. Answer the question asked, or leave it be.

Not exactly what is happening here.

If the parents don't always know what's best for kids who does? The state? Grandparents? Should we make parental decisions subject to grandparent then state review?
Parents also don't always know what's best for their kids, and will frequently make decisions to spite someone else, rather than in the best interest of the kids.

I agree with Lance. Answer the question asked, or leave it be.

Always two sides to a story...

Many states have statutory rights for grandparents.

The grandparents may have been a part of the original proceedings in this case.

The grandparents might have primary custody of the child.

In short, here's my point: you don't have any idea of what's going on here, and it's also readily apparent you have no idea of what the law is or what a court's role is.

I can comment on this without it relating in any way to the OP.

Some states have grandparents' rights laws, creating a statutory framework for granting access to grandchildren. These laws, however, will always require court implementation- parents are parents, grandparents... aren't.

Always two sides to a story...

...because we are "weird".

Are you? Hey, it's a fair question. You could have asked for an attorney to handle a "family matter" in OK but you disclosed this tid bit about their rationale. I wouldn't like weird relatives hanging around my kids either - just saying...

Sorry for your situation though...

Reading comprehension for the WIN.

She didn't ask for advice, she asked for an attorney referral. Also she's not initiating the action. Basically you got everything wrong.

Are you? Hey, it's a fair question. You could have asked for an attorney to handle a "family matter" in OK but you disclosed this tid bit about their rationale. I wouldn't like weird relatives hanging around my kids either - just saying...

Sorry for your situation though...
We fly an airplane for fun. How weird is that?

In short, here's my point: you don't have any idea of what's going on here, and it's also readily apparent you have no idea of what the law is or what a court's role is.
Courts exist to extract revenue, provide public sector jobs, and enrich lawyers.:crazy:

Back