Need insight on two planes

Dan, does your club already have something to get the complex sign off in? The C177 is so close- but isnt' a retract. Said oppositely, why are you guys considering a Constant speed prop but not retractable gear? After all, in a club, people are training....

no insight but $75 k is a little high IMO for a 77 172 with damage history

In addition to the foregoing, that Hawk is an avionics dealer's dream; almost nothing in the panel that you should not expect to replace in the immediate future.

I agree w/Doc, for that sort of coin, find a nice 177RG; we have one in our club, and it is a nice bird.

bbchien said:
Dan, does your club already have something to get the complex sign off in? The C177 is so close- but isnt' a retract. Said oppositely, why are you guys considering a Constant speed prop but not retractable gear? After all, in a club, people are training....

No we don't have a complex. The club took a vote and is opposed to it. Mostly the time the insurance company wants is too much for must folks, 15 hours.

The constant speed just sort of turns up on plane we find. Its not rally a much.

SCCutler said:
In addition to the foregoing, that Hawk is an avionics dealer's dream; almost nothing in the panel that you should not expect to replace in the immediate future.

I agree w/Doc, for that sort of coin, find a nice 177RG; we have one in our club, and it is a nice bird.

What does your club charge per hour and what does the insurance company want for sign off?

The Cardinal RG is (as of this month) $88.00/hr wet; 150 hr TT, 25 hr retract time or, in lieu thereof, 10hr dual w/ club-authorized instructor, 5hr M/M.

See: http://www.rfcdallas.com/aircraftRates.asp

To tell the truth, I seem to recall that, by the time I got around to getting checked out in the Cardinal, I had a mess of Bonanza hours, and had a basic checkout in the Cardinal, including plenty of maneuvers, systems checkout, emergency procedures, etc., but not sure it was the 5 hrs or not. Been a while.

It's a nice bird, just a little short on height. But flies just fine. At 88/hr w/ a mostly-loaded panel, it's quite the bargain.

Back