Need info on how long student time logged is good.....

BiffJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BiffJ
A friend is looking forward to finishing pilot training. He soloed some years back and had finished all his cross country requirements but never got his private rating. Does any of that time count toward his license when he continues??? I took him flying a few days ago and he's still got a pretty good feel for things. He did all the navigating on our trip too (though I peeked over his shoulder to make sure) so navigation is good.

Thanks for any help with this one.

Frank

Logged time does not "expire." As long has he has the minimum hour requirements, all he needs to do is polish up on his skills with a CFI and demonstrate that he has the skills. That'll probably take long enough to satisfy the 3 hours within 2 calendar months requirement, too.

Welcome to PoA, and wish your friend good luck! :yes:

Thanks for the quick answer. Its what I suspected though I wasn't sure. I know when I got my ticket I had some time that was about 5 years old and it counted....not that it mattered. I bought a taylorcraft about the time I soloed and got signed off to fly it back and forth to the the airport where I had all my instruction as well as around my home airport. I had about 100 hours when I took my check ride.....I flew that t-cart a lot. . .

Frank

I had some hours from 1985 and 1989, but I never finished. I started again in 2009 and passed my checkride earlier this year. All the hours counted. I was glad I could find my old logbook. Under the date section, it still lists 19__, so I have to cross it out and write in 2010.

The present limit on the age of logged time applicable to powered flight is 39,050 days.

Back