Need Info about Lansing MI terminal

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Gang
I need to drop my daughter off in Lansing MI (LAN) on sunday am. Does anyone know if I can drop here at the terminal to meet her friends or do I have to drop here off at a FBO? I know the terminal has airlines working out of it and figure the TSA will not let me drop her there.

Thanks Mike

If that terminal is anything like CHA and you cross the red and white line on the ramp around the passenger teminal, you're gonna have a very bad day.

Prior to my CFI ride, my own CFI took me up there so I'd be oriented with the airport. He told me, "If you cross that red line, I keeel you!"

Ben, the DPE at CHA, told me about a pilot buddy and former examinee who then flew for American Eagle. The friend walked over from his plane at the terminal to see Ben at his office a few hundred feet away. This involved crossing the red and white line where sensors are located.

Shortly thereafter, two cops show up at Ben's office looking for the "offender." The cops were going to arrest the pilot until it became clear this would expand to a plane not departing on schedule, delayed passengers, finding another pilot to fly in to take his place and an untold amount of financial loss to American Eagle and the terminal.

After all this was discussed, the two cops told him, "Have a nice day and don't do that again!"

If that terminal is anything like CHA and you cross the red and white line on the ramp around the passenger teminal, you're gonna have a very bad day.

Prior to my CFI ride, my own CFI took me up there so I'd be oriented with the airport. He told me, "If you cross that red line, I keeel you!"

Ben, the DPE at CHA, told me about a pilot buddy and former examinee who then flew for American Eagle. The friend walked over from his plane at the terminal to see Ben at his office a few hundred feet away. This involved crossing the red and white line where sensors are located.

Shortly thereafter, two cops show up at Ben's office looking for the "offender." The cops were going to arrest the pilot until it became clear this would expand to a plane not departing on schedule, delayed passengers, finding another pilot to fly in to take his place and an untold amount of financial loss to American Eagle and the terminal.

After all this was discussed, the two cops told him, "Have a nice day and don't do that again!"
Hi Ken
Thats why I was asking, I know at Flint (FNT) a GA plane can't unload passengers at the terminal. I don't need a couple of TSA guys coming an looking for me.

Regards Mike

Lansing is a very easy drop off and pick up point for commercial to GA. Land and park over at the FBO. There is only one, AvFlight. They cater to bigger jets, their fuel is expensive, but they will tolerate FLIBs. I have parked there a couple of times. Tie downs are hard to come by but they do exist.

Once you are there walk through the lobby and out the front door, right across from the parking lot is the commercial terminal. The FBO will let you borrow their luggage cart and you can wheel it over to the luggage pick up area in the main terminal. It is really close and convenient.

Lansing is a very easy drop off and pick up point for commercial to GA. Land and park over at the FBO. There is only one, AvFlight. They cater to bigger jets, their fuel is expensive, but they will tolerate FLIBs. I have parked there a couple of times. Tie downs are hard to come by but they do exist.

Once you are there walk through the lobby and out the front door, right across from the parking lot is the commercial terminal. The FBO will let you borrow their luggage cart and you can wheel it over to the luggage pick up area in the main terminal. It is really close and convenient.
Thanks Scott
My daughters friends are picking her up and I wasn't sure how far the FBO was from the terminal.

Regards Mike

Back