Need help planning a Cowboys weekend in Texas!

K

kristiamy

I just got my hands on a pair of tickets to the Jan 10th Cowboys game for my fiance's birthday. We are coming down from Toronto, Ontario and are in dire need of some recommendations on...just about everything: hotels, restuarants, transportation to the game, other tourist attractions nearby, etc. We only have three nights (arriving Friday night, leaving Monday morning) so not a lot of time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bring lots of tissue.
For the crying you'll do when they lose! :D

Take her to Northpark for shopping. Two nice aviation museums are within 15 minutes or so, if you want to do something else. One is the Frontiers of Flight at Love Field, the other is the Cavanaugh museum at Addison. Highland Park Shopping Center is close to Northpark, and its Cafe Pacific is a great place for dinner, as is Mi Cocina, one of the best Tex-Mex places in the area (they have a number of locations around the area).

Sundance Square in downtow Ft. Worth is worth a visit, and the west end in Dallas will be good for after-game parties if the Cowboys win.

Playoff games in Dallas are going to be a lot more fun in the new stadium with the roof closed.

I just got my hands on a pair of tickets to the Jan 10th Cowboys game for my fiance's birthday. We are coming down from Toronto, Ontario and are in dire need of some recommendations on...just about everything: hotels, restuarants, transportation to the game, other tourist attractions nearby, etc. We only have three nights (arriving Friday night, leaving Monday morning) so not a lot of time!

Back