Need help on new Internet explorer

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
My computer updated to the new internet explorer and now I can't access links from sites i.e. if I go to my paypal account and click on a link to go to another account it opens a window with the last site I was at in the address. If I go to my cingular online account and try to open a link there, it does the same thing. Anyone know what it is doing? and what I need to do to fix it.

Turn off tabbed browsing. I hate it.

Really?? Wow I think that is the coolest thing since html!

I tired it for about five minutes, and I think when I hit alt tab to swtich web pages, it didn't like it. I don't use the mouse much, and the tabs just annoyed me because of that.

I tired it for about five minutes, and I think when I hit alt tab to swtich web pages, it didn't like it. I don't use the mouse much, and the tabs just annoyed me because of that.

Y'know Ed, I can easily switch between tabs from the keyboard on my Mac. :D :goofy:

I know control tab works, but I hate using it in excel, and I hate using it in IE. Why Do I hate control tab, because the control button on the left is used by my pinky finger, and so is the tab button. And due to breaking my right pinky years ago, it's awkward to get to the right control with that hand. The alt is reachable with my left thumb, which makes alt tabbing easy, but I can't get to the control and the tab with one hand.

I know control tab works, but I hate using it in excel, and I hate using it in IE. Why Do I hate control tab, because the control button on the left is used by my pinky finger, and so is the tab button. And due to breaking my right pinky years ago, it's awkward to get to the right control with that hand. The alt is reachable with my left thumb, which makes alt tabbing easy, but I can't get to the control and the tab with one hand.

Here's how I do it. Move your whole left hand to the left... your hand will naturally fall with the left thumb on the CTRL (or ALT, if that's Alt-tabbing), left index on the TAB, and it's a "natural" position (no twisting of the hand). Yes, you have to move your whole hand, but you're not touch typing when moving between sites or pages anyway.

Well Ed, on the Mac using Safari, you don't have to control tab. ;)

It's command-shift-arrow keys, which after trying just now, I can say is much more comfortable than control-tab. I shift both hands slightly down and out, and do C-S with my thumb and ring finger.

Back