Need help finding an answer

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
I know that experimental aircraft wanting to be licensed E-LSA had to be inspected by a DAR. And an N number and AW certificate applied for back in January. So what happens to all the aircraft that where not inspected by the deadline? I have found a few that are not N numbered and they are for sale at pretty cheap prices. Can these be legally flown? If not, what would it take to make them legal? I have searched the FAA website and can not find the answers. Any body here know what to do?

Thanks, that answers my questions. There are going to be a lot of hangar ornaments out there.

According to FLYING Magazine. The plane can be certified E-AB experimental amatuer built.

If you purchased your aircraft second-hand, you must have the original bill of sale from the kit manufacturer (if applicable), the bill of sale from any previous owners, and the original builder’s log to register and certificate the aircraft as an amateur-built aircraft.

This is what has caused more trouble with the none registered aircraft I have found. All have the builder's log, but the Bill of Sales have been lost or missed placed.

I'd give EAA a call. I'm sure they can give you advice on resolving the paperwork issue regarding lost bills of sale. I doubt you're the first one to encounter this.

Back