Need help converting Juno email to Outlook Express

Anymouse

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Total Stud Bush Pilot
Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to move all my old emails (going back to 1999) from Juno, to Outlook Express. Does anyone know of a hack that will do it? Couldn't find anything via google.

This goes back several years so the answer may be obsolete...

When I tried to do this, there was no way (that I could find). So I burned a CD with the Juno databases and kept the Juno program disk. If I ever need them, I can get them. I hope this helps.

-Skip

ps: I have never needed the old Juno emails. YMMV.

Thanks Skip. Yeah, I'm hoping I'll never need them either, but it's nice to know that I can get to them.

I'll probably weed a bunch of them out and leave the stuff that I might be needing in the future. BTW... I finally got off my duff and put Juno into Outlook Express after thinking about it for five years or so. :rolleyes:

You're keeping eight years of emails? Are you needing some deniability based on that email history? :)

Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to move all my old emails (going back to 1999) from Juno, to Outlook Express. Does anyone know of a hack that will do it? Couldn't find anything via google.

Does Juno offer POP3? If so, it should be automatic, well, I'll hedge that a bit, with Outlook it's automatic, with Express, I'm not so sure. Without POP3 I don't know how.

You're keeping eight years of emails? Are you needing some deniability based on that email history? :)

I have no life!!

Does Juno offer POP3? If so, it should be automatic, well, I'll hedge that a bit, with Outlook it's automatic, with Express, I'm not so sure. Without POP3 I don't know how.

Actually, that's the whole problem. Juno in the beginning used their own software for email. They later added POP3. Me, being the lazy, no life individual that I am, only just now started using Outlook Express to get my Juno mail. Up until today, everything has been downloaded with their software. All my Juno email, up to yesterday, is in Juno's format. I would think that it would be easy to convert, but haven't found anything just yet. (also one of the reasons I took so long to make the leap.) Probably not a high priority.

I have no life!!

Actually, that's the whole problem. Juno in the beginning used their own software for email. They later added POP3. Me, being the lazy, no life individual that I am, only just now started using Outlook Express to get my Juno mail. Up until today, everything has been downloaded with their software. All my Juno email, up to yesterday, is in Juno's format. I would think that it would be easy to convert, but haven't found anything just yet. (also one of the reasons I took so long to make the leap.) Probably not a high priority.

Did you set up the mail server addresses and such in OE?

I have never used this program, but its developer claims that it is able to extract Juno mail folders and convert them into MBOX format, which is used by Netscape, Eudora, Thunderbird, and a bunch of lesser-known email clients.

Once that is done, the author claims you can then import the mail from the MBOX-compatible email client into OE.

Frankly, though, why bother? Thunderbird is a better client, anyway. (So is Eudora, but it is being discontinued as a paid product and is still in development as an open-source project.)

Note that the program version is 0.6, which suggests that it's still in fairly early development. If I were to try it, I would back up the Juno database first.

Rich

Last edited:
Did you set up the mail server addresses and such in OE?

Hi Henning,

Yeah, OE is working like a champ. I just want to get all my old messages from the Juno software if I can (for archival purposes). I'm gonna give Rich's plan a try. Couldn't hurt much.

Rich!!

You Da Man!!!:yes:

Took a few hours between download, screwing up, installing, converting, etc. But pretty much all my messages made it in.:goofy:

This one's for you-->:cheerswine:

Next Project: Figuring out how to read all those MIME attachments!!

Rich!!

You Da Man!!!:yes:

Took a few hours between download, screwing up, installing, converting, etc. But pretty much all my messages made it in.:goofy:

This one's for you-->:cheerswine:

Next Project: Figuring out how to read all those MIME attachments!!

You're welcome. Like I said, I've never used that software. I'm glad it worked out.

Rich

Back