Need flying club officer's at KMWL, Texas

gws

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
gws
Forming a Part 61 flying club at Mineral Wells, Tx. municipal airport. Need people who are active and rated pilot's or A&P's. Club will most likely be organized as a Limited Liability Corporation(LLC), with all active members being a shareholder (owner) in the club's asset's. Membership will be open to pilots as well as non-pilot's.
Plans are to have 3 airplanes consisting of a 2-place, 4-place, and a "complex" model for x-country. Airplane owner's may find tax advantages by leasing their plane to the club.
Since the name of the game is to keep 'um off the ground, the planes could be rented to non-member's when not scheduled by members.
For more information please call 817-694-7146

Good luck with this!

Forming a Part 61 flying club at Mineral Wells, Tx. municipal airport. Need people who are active and rated pilot's or A&P's. Club will most likely be organized as a Limited Liability Corporation(LLC), with all active members being a shareholder (owner) in the club's asset's. Membership will be open to pilots as well as non-pilot's.
Plans are to have 3 airplanes consisting of a 2-place, 4-place, and a "complex" model for x-country. Airplane owner's may find tax advantages by leasing their plane to the club.
Since the name of the game is to keep 'um off the ground, the planes could be rented to non-member's when not scheduled by members.

Holy inappropriate apostrophes!

the planes could be rented to non-member's when not scheduled by members.

Highly interested in this.
Renting is proving to be a beeeooch

Why Mineral Wells?

MWL is a well maintained airport with all the facilities necessary to provide the services we need. If interested please call me or send a pm and let's get started.

Looks like no one has replied to this post in a while. how is the club going?

Looks like no one has replied to this post in a while. how is the club going?

There are three of us at present. Meeting informally. Have rented a hangar but alas, no flying machine yet. Still hangar flying and looking for the right one. We'd like for you to come join us for our next get-together or field trip to a nearby airport or FAA facility.

Thanks for your interest and don't be a stranger! Gary Stegall :D 817-694-7146

Why not buy a plane, equity split it 3 ways... now you have a flying machine!

I am actually not a pilot yet. I live sorta halfway between Weatherford and Mineral Wells (Dennis, TX off of FM-1189). I drive a truck for a living so am only home sporadically. When are the meetings?

Every time i hear someone say "Flying Machine" I get the song "Come Josephine in my Flying Machine" stuck in my head.

Why not buy a plane, equity split it 3 ways... now you have a flying machine!

Good idea. We've been thinking that for full member's (voters), but associate members (non-voters) wouldn't need a ton of money to join but also wouldn't have an ownership in club aircraft.

We've looked at a couple of airplanes but the deals have fallen through for one reason or another. We're still looking for the right airplane to fit the club mission which is a For Fun & Travel Corporation :thumbsup:.

I am actually not a pilot yet. I live sorta halfway between Weatherford and Mineral Wells (Dennis, TX off of FM-1189). I drive a truck for a living so am only home sporadically. When are the meetings?

Every time i hear someone say "Flying Machine" I get the song "Come Josephine in my Flying Machine" stuck in my head.

Paul, we get together when we feel like we need to (or want to). Presently meetings are called by spontaneous phone calls. Later that may change.

By the way...truck drivers make great pilots! Come join us. Absolutely no obligation or high pressure to join. Thanks again for your interest. Gary 817-694-7146

Set it up in the little rock area and I'm in! I'll even "sell" my archer to the club.

Any chance of basing a plane down the road at KWEA? If so I'd be very interested.

Any chance of basing a plane down the road at KWEA? If so I'd be very interested.

Most likely we'll utilize our hangar at Mineral Wells for the 1st airplane (which we don't have yet) so it'll be awhile before we'll be needing a 2nd hangar.

If you'll let me know how to reach you we could let you know when and where we meet and you can come introduce yourself.

Thanks for your interest!

Back