Need FBO Aircraft Rental Suggestion For Phoenix Area

Sinistar

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brad
The wife, daughter and I are heading down to visit my folks in Apache Junction in a couple days. I'm bringing my log book and would like try a flight at one the airports.

Any FBO recommendations? Would prefer the east side (Mesa/Apache Junction/Gilbert/etc). Heck, not even sure what to try. I've only flown the 182. So maybe a SR20 or a Diamond? Also, any scenic routes to recommend? I'm not trying to get checked, but open to learning and logging an hour or two.

falcon field in mesa (KFFZ, busy class d), Falcon Exec Aviation. good people. first time i rented there had to do a quick sit down and a check out flight with a CFI. the flight over the apache trail towards roosevelt lake and globe is very nice.

Last edited:
I had a very nice flight a couple of years ago at Chandler Air Service 480-963-6420, at Chandler Field. Just rented a C172 and CFII for an hour or two of turning avgas into fun. C172 $110 hourly and CFII $70 hourly.

I was very fortunate to fly with Larry Leadford, who was a really cool guy and fun pilot. We flew over wild horses and some terrain I've never experienced. It was very helpful to have him along because of his familiarity with the area (sightseeing) and airspace, and I didn't want the whole aircraft checkout.

I had a very nice flight a couple of years ago at Chandler Air Service 480-963-6420, at Chandler Field. Just rented a C172 and CFII for an hour or two of turning avgas into fun. C172 $110 hourly and CFII $70 hourly.

I was very fortunate to fly with Larry Leadford, who was a really cool guy and fun pilot. We flew over wild horses and some terrain I've never experienced. It was very helpful to have him along because of his familiarity with the area (sightseeing) and airspace, and I didn't want the whole aircraft checkout.

Ha that’s funny. Larry was my aerobatic Instructor. Awesome dude.

Back