Need DPE in WA OR

RRAT

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ercoupe 1
Does anyone know of a DPE in Washington or Oregon willing to give a PP checkride in an Ercoupe?
The half dozen I have contacted so far say the can't or won't do Ercoupes.

Last edited:
Have you tried Jim Fish out at Pasco? He flies odd stuff. He did a comm ME add in my plane when nobody would touch it.

The FAA search engine is broken. It only lists IA's.
Update: I found a different FAA working data base by searching for ME's, then changing the search criteria to DPE.

Well then, sorry. That first search should have worked, took a minute.

Perhaps I should just do another minute of work (or you could have)

And which part of your "RTFM" link indicates willingness to checkride in an Ercoupe? OP is looking for tribal knowledge, not gooberment databases.

And which part of your "RTFM" link indicates willingness to checkride in an Ercoupe? OP is looking for tribal knowledge, not gooberment databases.

You are right, but now the OP has an exhaustive list, perhaps the 2nd half dozen he calls will say yes.

Have you tried Jim Fish out at Pasco? He flies odd stuff. He did a comm ME add in my plane when nobody would touch it.
Thanks. That is exactly the kind of info I am looking for. I will contact him.

What about your plane did other DPE’s not like?

VMC demo with 600 horsepower mainly :D

...cheeky answer, but I think it was more familiarity. They can nap during the Seminole and Duchess checkride. Mine would make them alert.

Jim is old school, and sees the "plane is a plane" of it all, and gave my learner a fair checkride, and me some good post-ride notes in debrief. I liked the experience overall. Too bad he's out in Pasco, under the "here there be dragons" part on the map.

Last edited:
Back