Need CFI's for a Product

kingmattj

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Hi! I'm working on a private pilot course, and would like the assistance of my fellow pilots and CFI's. If you are specifically skilled at teaching or instructing, and would like to get paid for your time, then I could use your assistance in the creation process. CFI's, AGI's, and IGI's.
The topics are endless so please don't be shy... pipe in with your name and a contact so we can connect and talk casually about a private pilot topic that fits your expertise.

Thanks in advance for your consideration while I build this product out!

Oh, I almost forgot, here's some of the topics I'll be creating modules on:

Weather/Metorology
Flight Maneuvers
Flight Systems for a Cessna 172
Pre-flight
Flight Planning/Cross Country Flight
Regulations
What to Expect on Your Checkride
Aeromedical Factors
Landing the Aircraft
What to do in an Emergency
VFR Radio Communications

I have a few others, too, just give me a shout and we'll talk!

Thanks,

Matt

PS. I can best be reached on email at kingmattj@hotmail.com

Actually, you don't need to be specifically skilled at instructing... just be capable of carrying an intelligent converstion about flying airplanes.

There are already a plethora of references on all of those subjects. Why are you recreating the wheel?

Just curious.

There are already a plethora of references on all of those subjects. Why are you recreating the wheel?

Just curious.

Flight training isnt a wheel... The topics stay the same, yes, but the style of delivery will be ever changing.

Besides if nobody ever added to the pool of awesome training aids, then they would be be the same for eternity...

Itd be like havving good year tires forever and ever and ever. Never another choice.

So i offer an alternate choice... :)

CFI's what? AGI's what? IGI's what? If this is to be a writing exercise within your training, and you intend to quote what a group of CFIs, AGIs, and IGIs have shared with you, get rid of the apostrophe. However, if you intend to quote a CFI's theory, an AGI's statements, or an IGI's latest book, leave in the apostrophe signifying possession.

HR(wanted to be a teacher but became a broadcast writer and speaker)

If you could get "systems checkout' and 'cockpit checkout' videos together for all different types that could prove a salable item.

Not to derail the thread, but do "instructors" on the videos have to be CFI?

I would think a cartoon instructor would be just as valid, the CFI is only needed for sign offs???

CFI's what? AGI's what? IGI's what? If this is to be a writing exercise within your training, and you intend to quote what a group of CFIs, AGIs, and IGIs have shared with you, get rid of the apostrophe. However, if you intend to quote a CFI's theory, an AGI's statements, or an IGI's latest book, leave in the apostrophe signifying possession.

HR(wanted to be a teacher but became a broadcast writer and speaker)

The way I read it, while poorly formatted, the apostrophes are correct. My take is that he is looking for any of the above to provide one lesson (or more?) to the project. With Go Pro videos and YouTube you could make an interesting project out of this and everyone gets paid from what it makes...

I would think a cartoon instructor would be just as valid, the CFI is only needed for sign offs???

Why a cartoon character?

I'm not 100% sure what the legal ramifications of teaching people to fly and NOT being a CFI is...

But technically, if you can teach and know the material, I really don't care if you are a CFI or an AGI or not.

The street credibility can't hurt, though, and most CFI's have a knack for teaching.

How was my grammar? Good enough?

Flight instruction on X-tra Norml? Outside of that animation is outside the capability in either talent or finances for the vast majority of humans. Phone video is fine, Go Pro even better. Most people can produce a technically credible product with these and a bit of effort.

Actually, the apostrophes are incorrect. They are not used to form plurals.

Yes, they are a form of "ownership"...

but CFIs and AGIs just doesn't look right...

But since the grammar and punctuation seems to be more important than the topic of the thread itself,... what IS the right way to label the plural version of a CFI or AGI?

No, they aren't, but at the same time, they are being used to show possessiveness of the derived bodies of the full work produced. So yes, it's poorly formatted, but not wholly incorrect. I suppose a following apostrophe would be more appropriate, but even then not quite incorrect.

Why a cartoon character?

I'm not 100% sure what the legal ramifications of teaching people to fly and NOT being a CFI is...

But technically, if you can teach and know the material, I really don't care if you are a CFI or an AGI or not.

The street credibility can't hurt, though, and most CFI's have a knack for teaching.

How was my grammar? Good enough?

Cartoon character was just to go extreme that it didn't have to be a living, breathing, CFI teaching.

I think the better approach would be swimsuit models, teaching the material.

Your grammar is fine with me, you effectively communicated. That is what is important.

With Go Pro videos and YouTube you could make an interesting project out of this and everyone gets paid from what it makes...

GoPro works to a point, but makes it hard to focus on procedures. Makes for an awesome fun looking video, and works well to illustrate a point, or how to land on a centerline n such....

I've got my training tricks....

but CFIs and AGIs just doesn't look right...

Perhaps, but they are correct. No one much cares in forum messages, but customers will expect correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling in a commercial product.

Cartoon character was just to go extreme that it didn't have to be a living, breathing, CFI teaching.

I think the better approach would be swimsuit models, teaching the material.

Your grammar is fine with me, you effectively communicated. That is what is important.

Thank you, Jose, you are the Man...

And as far as the swimsuit models, I like it!

I was experimenting a bit with Google Glass to get that perfect left-seat perspective, but I never quite got it down. Constantly ordering the thing to record was distracting to my students.

Glass needs a bluetooth recorder (through a moible app or something) similar to how the GoPro remote works....

Sure would be salable. Just need to find someone that knows a LOT of different airframes!

Not really, that's the beauty of a project like this, it provides a showcase for people with a specific expertise to provide that one lesson of expertise. Now throw in a good commercial rated pilot who knows a lot of different airplanes to play the perpetual student to all these different instructors and ask them all the questions and follows the instructions in flight with some Go Pros rolling. Interesting to think f all the new marketing possibilities.

Back