Need CFI for RV-6A Instruction/Ferry CA to GA

MtPJimB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RVFlyboy
I posted this on the Vans Air Force forums, but thought I'd post here too in case someone missed it there.

I've just agreed to purchase an VFR RV-6A that is based in Livermore, CA. I'm in Eatonton, GA. I need to get a CFI with RV-6A experience that can either go with me or meet me in Livermore and fly back to Georgia with me during the period between 12/26 and 1/1 (should give time for any weather delays) giving me transition instruction while we make the journey to Georgia. I'm currently working with Vern Darley out of KFFA to try to get this scheduled, but not sure if he is going to be able to make it work, and looking for another option or two to make the logistics and timing work. Anyone interested or know anyone who is interested, please send me a PM to let me know. Thanks.

I bought my 6A from a guy in Phoenix. He flew it to TX with me (even paid the fuel) and I gave him a room for the night and a first class ticket home the next day.

My transition training was done at my home base.

Ask the seller if there's something like that you can work out.

I actually am purchasing it from the widow of the guy who owned it, so that's not a viable option, Rob. But good thought - could work something out like that too.

In that case I'd look for at straight ferry pilot. [more of them than RV transition CFI's who want a trip of that length]

Wish I wasn’t so busy with work and family stuff during that time. Otherwise, I’d be willing to help out.

Sent you a PM, have a few hours in rvs and happy to do the flight with you if insurance allows.

Back