Need Assistance: Aviation Costs in 1947

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
So I'm working on a crazy little project to make a mock newspaper article poster for the year 1947 with interesting tidbits of info from that year... That is the birthyear of my beloved 1858V... I was able to find a lot of the info off sites that sell them for human birthday gifts, but I'd like to include some aviation costs. I cannot find the "price when new" for several models of airplanes I'd like to list.

But I'd also like to know what airplane gas was (auto gas was 15cents), Flight lessons, hangar rent, airplane mechanics going rate, etc... Anything of aviation interest...

Prices in 1947 of: Stinson 108, Bonanza, Luscombe, j3 cub, Taylor Craft, Cessna 195

So if you have an idea of the 1947 costs of these airplanes or aviation related "things" let me know! Please :)

454577AA-1460-415E-B630-4A179E8B97B0.jpeg

...but I'd like to include some aviation costs...Flight lessons, hangar rent, airplane mechanics going rate, etc... Anything of aviation interest...

Cost of flying then is exactly the same as it is today...all ya got. ;)

Here's an Aeronca that was introduced in 1947 along with the price back then.

upload_2020-9-26_22-42-49.png

Cool idea. Lot's of grammatical errors though. Just sayin' if you hang it on your wall, people will notice.

Cool idea. Lot's of grammatical errors though. Just sayin' if you hang it on your wall, people will notice.

Oh yea- I missed copying the line that said this is a first rough draft. Thanks for the heads up in the event I’d missed that.

Back