Need a "what plane should I buy" folder

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I suggest a separate folder for questions regarding buying airplanes. Buying an airplane is a big step and mistakes can be costly. I find that when I look at planes I have a gazillion questions about various avionics, engines, fuel tanks and bladders etc.

Anybody else think this is a good idea, or is everyone happy with just posting these questions in hangar talk or flight following or the maintenance bay or wherever?

I just use New Post or Search and I don't even pay attention to what forum things are in, so to me it would make no difference.

Makes no difference to me, I do the same and just hit,new posts,if the post is of interest,I participate.

Fine either way

I was thinking that we needed a folder for Checkride write ups or first solos but then Like Henning said, I use the new post button and those that don't might not venture into that specific area would miss them and "new post" folks will see em anyway.

I personally just navigate to the areas where I normally post, so I'd probably miss stuff. I'm not a fan of more sub forums.

Not everyone, especially a newbie, is intimately familiar with the navigation nuances of this site. I agree with John, it'd be a nice feature that would allow folks to find 'new plane' and 'what plane should I buy?' conversations easily.

I just use New Post or Search and I don't even pay attention to what forum things are in, so to me it would make no difference.
I was thinking more along the lines of the person looking for a plane. You could scan through the single board and find other posts relative to your search and perhaps not ask the same question for the hundredth time. We might not have a dozen threads asking to compare between a 182 and a Dakota or a Bonanaza.

Back